I've been waiting...

jhutch

I've been waiting for quite a while for the final release, like everyone here as. My forum members have been expecting an upgrade for sometime now. My original plan was to just wait for the final version to release, but because it has already taken so long, an urgency has hit.

I'm thinking I am going to go ahead and upgrade my live forum with the RC1

Is that just stupid on my end? Or will it be alright. I'm fine with having a couple errors. I just want to be sure that I will be able to upgrade the RC's up until the final is released, and also be assured that there won't be a large error that wouldn't allow for me to do that...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for the sarcasm.

And its a lot easier to say "the users can weight" than you think. I don't like the idea of my users not being able to trust me when I say our forum will be upgraded.

I guess we could put up a new forum and get the skin ready there... It just seems to me though, that if the board is running fine here, that it would also be good enough to run for a week or two on my live board.

• Management

We posted a blog entry about this recently. Basically, RC1 can be considered "safe" to use in that your forum won't implode or anything :) but there could still be some bugs.

You could always wait a few days after we post RC1 to see if there are any reports of major bugs or problems and evaluate from there.

I'm actually quite tempted to do the same. I am a little ansy but I have to have my skin rocking before I do it. My skin is actually the number one reason why people love my site. <_< I know weird right as it's not all that great?

Once IPB3 RC1 comes out I will be upgrading my community over to it.
I've already changed a lot of the skin to how I want it to look.
A few things need changing but overall I have completed my skin design.

One thing I have noticed however is that in IE (8) the rounded corners do not show up.
I know they are PNG but I use some PNG images myself (background) and they show just fine.

[quote name='Morrigan' date='06 May 2009 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1241651643' post='1800227']
I think that would be a problem with the way IE8 is reading the CSS.

Are they showing up fine in earlier IE versions?
I personally use Firefox but I do check to see how things look in IE.

[quote name='jhutch' date='06 May 2009 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1241644492' post='1800189']
I've been waiting for quite a while for the final release, like everyone here as. My forum members have been expecting an upgrade for sometime now. My original plan was to just wait for the final version to release, but because it has already taken so long, an urgency has hit.

I'm thinking I am going to go ahead and upgrade my live forum with the RC1

Is that just stupid on my end? Or will it be alright. I'm fine with having a couple errors. I just want to be sure that I will be able to upgrade the RC's up until the final is released, and also be assured that there won't be a large error that wouldn't allow for me to do that...

Any help is appreciated!

You've waited this long. What's another month or two? (w00t)

Archived