IPB 3.0 - Usernames in polls?

Guest joelle

How is that possible? Couldn't you do it simply now with the way that it stores who voted in ibf_voters? It stores the tid (which would be the poll) and the member_id where you would just need to pull the member name and display based on permissions. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong but it seems like someone could mod it in now but I don't see how it would be soo hard to implement. (Not that I care for this feature but I'm just curious)

How is that possible? Couldn't you do it simply now with the way that it stores who voted in ibf_voters? It stores the tid (which would be the poll) and the member_id where you would just need to pull the member name and display based on permissions. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong but it seems like someone could mod it in now but I don't see how it would be soo hard to implement. (Not that I care for this feature but I'm just curious)

The voters table just stores that a user voted, not what they voted for.

I personaly don't like the option to show who voted what. Can't see the point in that bit of knowledge.

(what I would like is the option for a member to change their vote. My board is about discussions and opinions. When a user could change their vote based on the discussion it would give a great view on the way the discussion is developing)

edit: i find it strange that someone who made two post has the same amount of pips I have :P

[b]I personaly don't like the option to show who voted what. Can't see the point in that bit of knowledge.[/b]

(what I would like is the option for a member to change their vote. My board is about discussions and opinions. When a user could change their vote based on the discussion it would give a great view on the way the discussion is developing)

edit: i find it strange that someone who made two post has the same amount of pips I have :P

Contests, etc. to see if someone voted for themself. :rolleyes:

Why would voting for yourself be bad?

What if it was...

• Moderator election
  • Forum contest

It's called cheating as far as I'm concerned, I don't let people vote for themselves on such polls, at least I didn't before I switched to IPB.

And what if someone used multiple accounts to vote for one option?

May never find out about such abuse if there's no way to view who voted for what.

I'm 100% for logging who voted info in 3.0, also for highlighting the option(s) you voted for in a poll.

How would you know regardless? If voting for yourself is bad, that's fine, rude but whatever. But I really ask how would you know if someone has multiple accounts and is voting for themself? When I join a forum I know I go around looking for important threads and those would be important and I would vote.

How would you know regardless? If voting for yourself is bad, that's fine, rude but whatever. But I really ask how would you know if someone has multiple accounts and is voting for themself? When I join a forum I know I go around looking for important threads and those would be important and I would vote.

It's not hard. Not knowing what those accounts are makes it impossible to know.

I really want to have this feature. But with the feature, I want to let the poll creator choose to make it viewable to everyone, or just themselves (and moderators). With that, an option to allow members to change their vote or not would be nice.

Of course having this feature means that you cannot edit the results of the poll and change the numbers like you could before, which I'd really prefer it that way anyway. Makes polls more honest.

I would like this feature to be added. It's been a vBulletin feature for years and it works fine. It's fully editable, as you can allow even guests to see who voted, or just administrators. And of course, it can be completely turned off if you don't like it.

I dont see any problem in add to the ibf_poll table who voted... i think it will be easyaer to modarate like this.

p.s.: can you add who rank who in the ACP (that the admin can control the votes)?
p.s.2: I am new (i resigerd but i didnt knew that i need to enter the email so... i all the time enter my username... that was very... stuiped from me >.<")

This would destroy the point of "silent voting."

I cant say that "silent voting" is not importent but... ya know
we, the administrators need to know EVERYTHING, lol~, and the best point in upgrading versions in IPB its that in each version we can know more about our members.

so i think it will be nice but more impotent i think is to know who voted to who in the "profile portal"... ( i hate that someone ranked me 1 becuse he want to try the system [it happend when i installed it and annunced "people we moved to IPB 2.3.5..." so everyone tried it... and it was so anoying to start search in the DB about who ranked to who...) but now i am happy when the test end and i have got 5 Points :P:P

Archived