My suggestions for IPB Development Team

Guest Only 4 u

According to me:-

Most of the people perfer only 2 forums
1) Invision power Board
2) Vbulletin

But i think 70% people using Vbulletin and only 30% for IPB
why most of the people perfer vbulletin only because of two reasons

1) Vbulletin work very fast as compare to IPB.
IPB takes too much time to add new topic , while posting reply and .....i notice that IPB new version 2.2.1 looks great but work slowly than old version 2.1.7 and see vbullein new version it work fast

2) As we are paying for IPB & VB so we should have excellent SEO for huge traffic..in this case VB is excellent. Each and Every VB user happy with VB SEO and have good traffic..but why IPB provide us bad SEO ????????????

I seen top website users using Vbulletin as it works fast & have excellent SEO

SO I THINK IPB DEVELOPMENT TEAM SHOULD SPEND MAXIMUM TIME ON THESE TWO THINGS TO MAKE IPB BETTER THAN VBULLETIN :cool:

i was use vb for in my board for only reason the admin panel
can be translated so easly than IPB bec all lang in VB in lang file
and the skining very easy

and also they have alot of feuter than IPB i was use vb for 5 years

the reason let move frome VB to IPB is the VB work fast
and let alot of securty isusse but IPB not even if report it
they not handel some of it in the newest VERSION

Me too. ;)

i seen good traffic users are using VB like Theadminzone.com , webhostingtalk.com ,etc
and even my friends are also using VB but no one prefer IPB. I ask my friends why it is so???
They told me that they are happy with VB and have good traffic as VB have powerfull SEO and even work faster than IPB

IPB takes time while adding new topic and reading but VB work excellent

Admin language files, so the admin panel could be translated for non english speakers. I know many people who loves IPB but refuse to buy it because they are not able to navigate in admin section. Is it not the aim of IP to sell as many IPB as they can?

Think the guy is talking about ajax based replies for the posts...which IPB doesnt have "yet".

And I am glad for that. It's useless and it doesn't show new posts after you submit your post.

As for the language bits, it all can be changed via the ACP > Look & Feel tab, so I don't see how it's easier to edit the lang bits in vB than IP.Board.

I used to run vB and I can say with confidence that IPB is far superior both regarding products and customer support. The admin panel in vB is just plain ugly. What made me switch completely over was when I contacted vB support staff for some help regarding my forum and the first thing they did was accusing me of running 2 websites with one licence. The fact was one was vB and the other was IPB and they didnt notice it. :D

I don't know where you get that vb has more features than ipb. In fact, vb copied many from ipb. Plus vb is plain ugly. The thing I don't get is why most web hosting forums use vb. There aren't many large ipb forums out there compared to vb... :unsure:

And I am glad for that. It's useless and it doesn't show new posts after you submit your post.

in ipb ter is language file and tempelt and xml file to transleat
in vb ther is only language file to transleat now were is the esy way to
to transleat an script IPB or VB i runnig now IPB on my web with out transleated panel
when i was use vb evry thing transleated so it become easy to deal

i like ipb more than vb but most IPB dev team do somthing about

I don't think we need to get into a comparison of IPB vs VB, as Matt said I'm not too sure where those stats came from but I can say with some certainty that they're incorrect, though I can appreciate your friends opinions being important to you.

I think we can take from this the SEO suggestion as well as a few others mentioned, which is great. Feel free to post any further suggestions, but let's veer off any "yay IPB, boo VB" or "boo IPB, yay VB" - if you've got a feature suggestion, fantastic, it doesn't matter that another software may or may not have it.

Thanks! :)

well guys IPB is very easy to use..( i think so)
Easy to design as well

but i think IPB SEO should be improved as we are paying for IPB and IPB should work faster as VB

Rest is fine
IPB is really cool............................ :cool:

Most of the hosting companies using VB because VB have powerfull SEO

I don't think we need to get into a comparison of IPB vs VB, as Matt said I'm not too sure where those stats came from but I can say with some certainty that they're incorrect, though I can appreciate your friends opinions being important to you.

I think we can take from this the SEO suggestion as well as a few others mentioned, which is great. Feel free to post any further suggestions, but let's veer off any "yay IPB, boo VB" or "boo IPB, yay VB" - if you've got a feature suggestion, fantastic, it doesn't matter that another software may or may not have it.

Thanks! :)

Although not completely representative, this could give an idea http://www.big-boards.com/statistics/

Not trying to start a IPBvsVB war, I do feel the VB-community is more helpful. That is the users but also the devvers. Since IPB 2 I found that the gap between IPB as a company and the users has been increasing nonstop.

The changes in loginsystem caused me to lose my old account, so i never bothered to login here again.

The topic that made me decide to totally stop giving suggestion or helping out is this: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...mp;bug_cat_id=4 . Some user points out a valid quirk in the software, and it got shuffled off with "that's how it's supposed to work".... It's supposed to work quirky?
Not to mention all those bug reports that ends with "don't want to submit a ticket? we won't look into it". Even when dozens of other users tells the same thing.

A bugtracker is like a callcenter. It just make the user/company-gap larger if it's not used correctly.

Some thing that totally irks me of the users is the common answer to suggestion "I don't need it, so there's no need for it" whereas in the vbulletin forum, better arguments are used and the users are actually more helpful. With even a full server configurationadvice going on.

In any way, I feel that, although IPB's software is good, there is no binding between the company and users. Not really good for a company that is fairly young.

Just to address a few of your concerns

Regarding the bug report you linked, while I can appreciate WHY you (and others) would like it changed, and do actually agree, that doesn't change the fact that it's not a bug. This is why it was marked working as intended. I have a huge number of things I work on during the day, and with so many responsibilities, organization is a must.

Hopefully, in the future, we will update our bug tracker and start accepting feature suggestions through it. However, in the mean time, feature suggestions should be placed in this forum. A user did heed my suggestion to place the topic in this forum, and it will be looked into as I've stated. :) I fully intend to change it in an upcoming release, however the topic merely belongs in this forum, rather than our bug tracer, and because the bug tracker is a component (not just another forum) I have no way to move the topics myself.

As for any bug reports that ask the user to submit a ticket, just because 10 people can reproduce a bug does not mean that I can. Many times it's due to a different PHP or MySQL version, for example, or perhaps all 10 users have the same modification installed which causes the problem. In any event, if I ask a user to submit a ticket, it's because I need a live example where I can duplicate the problem - simply stating that it occurs does not help me in solving the underlying issue. :)

well guys IPB is very easy to use..( i think so)

Easy to design as well

but i think IPB SEO should be improved as we are paying for IPB and IPB should work faster as VB

Rest is fine

IPB is really cool............................ :cool:

Most of the hosting companies using VB because VB have powerfull SEO

Hello. I'm from TURKEY and i don't understand been English but i have used first time phpBB, after that i have used vB but i have saled my License vB and i have bought IPB.
I have been seen;
1- ADMIN Panel of the IPB is very easy then vB. Easy but more features. When i use vB, i loose in the Admin Panel of the vB :lol:
So IPB is very useful then vB.
2- make a skin or as you have said, design is very easy with IPB, been customizable.
3- Think that=> Now in Turkey, the people prefere IPB and vB be down. I don't think %30 of the people use IPB. This is more then %30.
And my friend also sale his vB license Full time, he sale 100$ for buying an IPB but he can't sale, because the people now select the IPB...

if %50of the TURKEY has started to use IPB, think the others country and % ...
The grand entreprise use also IPB...

and

IPS is grand then JelSoft(I think).
IPS series; IPBoard, IPGallery, IPBlog, IDM, Converge and NEXUS and IPD!

Oups, i was forget.
And the support. This is very important, no?
The support of IPS is very fast. They reply me between 5 to 60min
but vB team reply after the hours.
IPS reply and solve the problem very fast...

I use IPB since 2.1.6
Very happy with IPB(IPS) :wub:

Hello TurXaliM...

it's good that you are happy with IPB
IPB is very nice and easy to use for every new user

But can you tell me why most of the hosting companies perfer VB not IPB?????
Don't know...
let me tell you ...why ??????

Everyone need traffic so for that we need good SEO and VB have Powerfull SEO. when ever i try to search in google , i found 2-3 top links of vbulletin forum users..even you have seen good traffic sites using VB like theadminzone.com , digitalpoint.com ,etc
Well i seen at theadminzone people asking that which paid forum should they perfer...and they always get answer VB .You can also check this thing at TAZ

Don't know about people at TURKEY ...may be they love IPB but not VB

That's all depend upon you ....you can choose good traffic ( VB ) or nice forum ( IPB )

I think if IPB Team spend more time to make IPB SEO powerfull then IPB will become best forum in this world

Archived