[REQ] Lower Price

Guest Garrett Bean

Wasn't it always $149.99? :whistle:

:lol:

$149.99 is too much for this exceptional piece of software! I demand that you lower the price to $149.98!

I'd consider buying a 3rd license if it was lowered like that.

who here paid customers want to beat that guy up?

Violence will solve nothing :)

I'd like to see an annual special, or maybe to existing customers, once in a while able to purchase lifetime licenses again.

I currently own 2.5 (half of one lol) and only use 1 of them, but I'd buy another just for safe keeping.

Great business tactics.

Yeah they should have IPB Pertual Lisnces on sale once in a while as a promtional thing

Again, Great business tactics.

I think if any sales should be done, it should be a "software only" deal, no support or upgrades what so ever.

For me I'm only interested in upgrades for my main forum, I've thought of one day firing up a couple separate forums for other people/places, but for 6 months of unused support and such... seems like kind of a waste. :P

Just my opinion though, I don't know about any other Webmasters.

Call it coincidence, but Garrett Bean is the exact same name of the guy that nulled all of the software as shown here...

Funny, that :blink:

Mod edit: Please do not link to pirated software.

Well here we have a nuller saying he'd buy it if it was a lower price.

Sometimes lowering prices gains profit (don't hurt me!)

Well here we have a nuller saying he'd buy it if it was a lower price.

Sometimes lowering prices gains profit (don't hurt me!)

They are not going to lower the prices for a given license, so soon after they just increased the price of said license.

Charles said they would hold sales, and special offers, what more do you want them to do?

* This isn't exactly to you, Professor P, but to anyone who complains about the price.

I would be personally annoyed if I had to pay $150.00 for a standard license, because frankly $150.00 is a lot of money for forum software. Most people would say I am crazy for paying that for a forum software, along with web hosting, and IDM prices tacked on too. But everyone has there "thing" mine is forums, gaming, and computer stuff, other people are into skate boarding, snow sports, or arts stuff.

But to my point, if you look at other things you buy IPB is really not out of place. It just depends on if you are really going to use it, and if you have the money to buy it. So its like getting a new skate board or pair of ski's. (just for people that aren't open minded :P)

My second point is that somethings are priced wrong here. IP. Blog is not worth $50.00 in my mind. Personally it should be around $35.00 USD. Because its a blog CVCJ has the same thing except its free and different. Although IP Blog is really nice, and cool, its not worth $50.00 unless you have extra cash to spend on it. Another things is IDM, should not be $50.00 and $30.00 renewal... it should be $45.00 and $20.00 USD renewal. Or something like that... it does not make sense, its a downloads manager great piece of software but $50.00 is not too pricey but not too steep. Because until I had $50.00 in PayPal I was not touching it because it was a little out of my budget.

IP. Gallery is priced perfectly fine, and you get what you pay for. IP. Blog could go lower, and IDM maybe a tiny bit lower, but really makes no difference. Just my opinions from a student with limited income. :P

The management folks (PPE"s for you old timers here) have everything priced fairly (obviously my opinion). If IPB was a piece of crap, then yes, it's over priced. But it's not a piece of crap. It has a huge following as well and by virtue of that, it has a solid name and more importantly - a trustworthy name.

I'm probably not right in saying this (whether it's true or not), but sometimes you need to set a somewhat seemingly higher price in order to attract "better" client's. If IPB sold for $39.95, then every kid on the block out there would buy it... and then not have a single clue as to what to do with it. It could very easily become a logistics (i.e. support) nightmare. Charge backs would go crazy, people would scream bloody murder 'cause "I didn't know I would need a host that has PHP/MySQL!", etc, etc.

I liken it to when I lived on the tropical island of Guam... I initially lived in a very affordable apartment. The problem with that (with me being a senior person) was that I was surrounded by a plethora of MUCH younger (and junior in rank) sailors - many of whom worked for me. It was a nightmare. When my condo contract expired, I chose to move to a much more expensive place simply because I knew that if I could barely afford it, then the junior enlisted folks wouldn't stand a chance. It was a great move and helped me keep my sanity.

It humors me when some folks complain about prices being too high. Sure, there are things in this world that I wish were cheaper (the median price for a house here in San Diego is upwards of $600,000). I'll never be able to afford that - so I will simply have to keep on renting (or move out of the state, which I don't want to do). However, IPS is a solid company and they've set their prices. If folks aren't happy with the prices or it's too expensive, there are other alternatives... but as I always say in these types of situations: You get what you pay for.

I'm sure those that have paid for a license, regardless of the type of license they purchased, are overall happy with their decision. :)

There are different markets out there, and different forum software is aimed at different markets. We think IPB is priced competitively for the market we aim at :) Of course, it's not going to be right for everyone, that's understandable.

Archived