My new site should I use IPB 2.2 RC 1

Guest Sinistra

IPS says from the RC on, the following releases will be upgradable. So it is possible, although it is not advised to do so. There might be minor or (not likely) major bugs, which still have to be fixed. It is up to you, whether you use the RC or wait for the final release for your live board.

If you're starting afresh anyway, I don't see the big deal. I just moved my site over to 2.2RC1 knowing I have a full db backup if it all went wrong (and it wasn't smooth, I had to do the db element manually after a certain point, which was worrying but worked out ok in the end). It's running fine at the moment, and I've tested the majority of required features (ie ability to post, log in, use PM system), so if something doesn't work hopefully it won't be a major feature and I can live with it until RC2/Final.

Wait. I don't see the rush to upgrade, I've seen loads of sites who have upgraded and it's been done poorly, they havent updated skins, or improved anything, or tweaked new features - just upgraded and announced to their community they are using some fancy new software. If I were to upgrade, I'd wait until the new features are fully documented from the users perspective, the help files are really old. I have one site in the pipeline where I will be using 2.2 on (once stable) and I'm going to modify the help sections, and other things to make it easier for people to use.

<rant>how many more of these topics will there be each and every time IPS releases a new 2.2.0 PRE-FINAL version there is 100000000000 gazillion of the same 2 topics

1)

when is next RC or beat or Final coming IPS?

2)

Will you upgrade your forums to RC1 or etc.?

just a word of advice to you newbies that think its wonderful to move your LIVE boards to an unstable PRE-FINAL RELEASE

NEVER EVER DO IT

unless you want to lose 100% IPS support as FINAL is ONLY version ever supported via ticket system and IPS Beyond

guys so in closure

STOP BUGGING MATT AND BFARBER ABOUT THOSE 2 QUESTIONS

do not you see more you ask about #1 the longer they will wait

</rant>

There'll be as many topics as there are arseholes who think they can stop other people posting

their

pertinent questions.

Excuse me, sorry if this annoys you; but the more topics we get on the same subject the more untidier the forum will be come, therefore there should be a workaround for this situation.

There'll be as many topics as there are arseholes who think they can stop other people posting

their

pertinent questions.

so you mean to tell me that the same question repeated over and over by different users not knowing how to use SEARCH to find the answers elsewhere in other posts is pertinent

wow I never knew pertinent questions like the same repeated ones are good in your mind

so lets rap this up man see if I understand you

you think I am an ARSEHOLE for suggesting that you all stop begging Matt and all staff for new releases :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived