Making mods for Bete?

Guest Mr Blah

to be totally honest i'd say 2.1 cus its ALOT more likely a mod for 2.1 MIGHT work in 2.2 while most likely a mod made for 2.2 will not work in 2.1. Alot of people won't update to 2.2. immediately either they'll wai t for it to be out a while first too. I'd still recommend updating anything thats needed for 2.2 tho.

Any modifications you make based on the beta may break when 2.2 stable comes out. Best to wait for the stable, you have no idea what they're going to change. Likewise, it's impossible anyway.

@Jaggi What you say is true. However, it's better to make it for 2.2 THEN 2.1 because as people upgrade they expect to see new modifications for 2.1. Eventually most people will move to 2.2 so on the long run it makes sense to get it over with for the newest version before worrying about those who haven't upgraded yet.

Yeah my Report Center is almost done for 2.2 as well. Have a few more things left to do with it (since it's rather detailed). There are a couple mods I plan on doing and know exactly what I'm going to change already, but I'm going to wait until 2.2 RC1 because they require a single file change :) (Report Center has zero file modifications). Although from what I heard the file I want to change really hasnt changed from 2.1 -> 2.2... But I'd rather start it on 2.2.... Really doesn't make sense to start with 2.1 anymore. Patience is key right now! :)

Archived