NO WYSIWYG editor in fast reply? right :)

Guest chrisdrugs

A couple of weeks ago there was a thread on the fast reply and I said how come vbulletin can put wysiwyg in the fast reply and someone said cause theres no point. Alot of people were saying its stupid to have one and I said it wasn't

NOW LOOK THERES A WYSIWYG EDITOR IN FAST REPLY, BOOOOO HOOOOOO.

Why don't people think first.

and no im not a vb fanboy, I just find them to be BETTER. :D

Although I do like this wysiwyg editor and invision forum software, its pretty good.

A couple of weeks ago there was a thread on the fast reply and I said how come vbulletin can put wysiwyg in the fast reply and someone said cause theres no point. Alot of people were saying its stupid to have one and I said it wasn't

NOW LOOK THERES A WYSIWYG EDITOR IN FAST REPLY, BOOOOO HOOOOOO.

Why don't people think first.

and no im not a vb fanboy, I just find them to be BETTER. :D

Although I do like this wysiwyg editor and invision forum software, its pretty good.

I don't know what wysiwyg editor you are taking about because my fast reply is the standard editor. And yes I have my controls to use the RTE.

We've discussed this - for the time being it's been determined if you want to use the WYSIWYG, load up the reply page. The fast reply is meant to be that - a quick reply box (without a bunch of bloated icons).

Though a couple of the more common controls were found to be more useful than others, and as such, added in.

We've discussed this - for the time being it's been determined if you want to use the WYSIWYG, load up the reply page. The fast reply is meant to be that - a quick reply box (without a bunch of bloated icons).

Though a couple of the more common controls were found to be more useful than others, and as such, added in.

Agreed.

It's called Fast Reply for a reason. Maybe you're typing up a snappy quick reply or don't want to wait for the Editor to load everything you view the topic. The WYSIWYG Editor needs some time to load. You could argue that you'd have it load when somebody clicks Fast Reply-but that'd ruin the point of Fast Reply no?

Please, no RTE in fast reply! If you want the RTE, click the Add Reply button and wait the half second for the page to load. Don't add your half second of loading time required to load the RTE to every single page load by making it show up in the Fast Reply. IMO, they already added too many options to the Fast Reply.

Please, no RTE in fast reply! If you want the RTE, click the Add Reply button and wait the half second for the page to load. Don't add your half second of loading time required to load the RTE to every single page load by making it show up in the Fast Reply. IMO, they already added too many options to the Fast Reply.

Hmm.. actually, I agree with that.

Hmm.. actually, I agree with that.

Hi bFarber,

I can't agree with this. Fast reply must be a box that loads fast and makes it easy to quickly reply. I think that WYSIWYG can make things more easier and faster. If we have a WYSIWYG with less features than the standard reply textField (with WYSIWYG), but with standard things like, making bold, making italic, changing font and so on, it will be more friendlier and faster the same time.
I hate it when i cant see text going bold when i use the combination CTRL + B.

I would say, think about it and make it available but with less features (like VB)

Hi bFarber,

I can't agree with this. Fast reply must be a box that loads fast and makes it easy to quickly reply. I think that WYSIWYG can make things more easier and faster. If we have a WYSIWYG with less features than the standard reply textField (with WYSIWYG), but with standard things like, making bold, making italic, changing font and so on, it will be more friendlier and faster the same time.

I hate it when i cant see text going bold when i use the combination

CTRL + B.

I would say, think about it and make it available but with less features (like VB)

I agree. And as long as we are on the subject of Fast Reply, can the "Add Selected Text as Quote" feature please be returned? It was quite useful.

Archived