IPS Company Forums 403 Forbidden Error

Guest Brandon C

• Management

An IPB traffic flood controller of sorts? That could help with minor issues... if you had something on the level that we're experiencing, it wouldn't do a lot of good. We're surviving primarily because there's hardware on the network end doing filtering, then, of course, our beloved server-side functions. :)

Personally, I'd like to see the Internet ever-so-slightly less anonymous to make people more accountable for their actions. If these kids were outside of a brick and mortar establishment throwing rocks through windows, they'd be arrested. Since they hide behind a computer screen, they're free. Any site, big or small, Microsoft or Ann Smith's House of Scrapbooking are vulnerable and have been brought down at one point or another. There's something wrong with that.

End rant of the evening. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see it as a huge problem. Surley to god you can all bare with having only one tab open for reading and replying to topics? Its really not that hard, I do it all the time! I dont need a few IPS Comm Forum tabs open to let me browse properly. Why cant everyone else? IPS have no choice to introduce meassures to prevent the forums going offline, and unfortuantely it hits those who refresh the site a lot or open the site in several tabs.

As Lindy said:- Which do you want, the forums down completely due to DoSers getting the advantage or not being able to have several tabs of IPS Forums open? :D

Archived