New RSS Icon

Guest Luke

I don't know. I seem to like the size for it, and think that it brings it out and shows that it's an important and useful feature and maybe it will generate more attention that way. I think it should be left as is, it's nice! :)

Edit: Now that I look at it, it's kind of big, but I guess I could get used to it.

The new icon IPB uses is essentially now the "standard" RSS feed icon. The idea of it is that it communicates that there is a feed available, and is obvious to people who don't know what "RSS" is.

I am aware of that. I was just stating my opinion since this topic was about it looking good. lol

It does look good, but RSS is so unknown to so many people, they wouldn't knoe what it was doing there (but the newer learners would know what it was if it said RSS on it, basically).

Well chances are if they don't know what that symbol means they don't know what RSS is at all. Most applications that have RSS use this symbol now. The old icon was used when RSS wasnt as popular. Now it's used with a lot of different applications. Even FireFox uses it.

One ie7 is final and most of the ie6 users migrate to it, most people will know what it means then.

Hate to say it, but Microsoft is likely to be the one to bring RSS to the masses - and with a familiar icon. Microsoft met with the Mozilla Foundation to set the standard for this icon, and it's about to show up in a whooooole lot of places in IE, Office, and Windows.

The toolbar I made for my one site has these rss symbol images...I think they look nicer than the old ones...but the IPB one is way too big! Hopefully I can copy the smaller images from my toolbar and use those instead(they also come in different colors, which might be helpful for those with themed skins.) :thumbsup:

The toolbar I made for my one site has these rss symbol images...I think they look nicer than the old ones...but the IPB one is way too big! Hopefully I can copy the smaller images from my toolbar and use those instead(they also come in different colors, which might be helpful for those with themed skins.) :thumbsup:

Just wanted to point out that the link Keith posted (quoted below) has a download with the icon in different sizes. I think it may even have it in different colors as well.

http://feedicons.com/

It is the new standard.

Archived