Upgrade gets stuck on Application: gallery

Hello. I'm upgrading an old version to the latest version and it gets stuck on gallery upgrade

• Upgrade Status
    • Application: gallery
    • Current Version: 40000

I just get /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php::1932 with no other details on what the issue is.

Is there an upgrade log somewhere to check on what the problem is? Or a way to disable Gallery to force upgrade to proceed without it?

Line 1932 of that file is this exception:

public function getTableDefinition( $table, $columnsOnly=FALSE, $getCollation=FALSE )
	{
		/* Set name */
		$definition = array(
			'name'		=> $table,
		);

/* Fetch columns */
		if( !$this->checkForTable( $table ) )
		{
			throw new \OutOfRangeException;
		}

However, there is no call to getTableDefinition() in the 40000 upgrade step of the gallery application. 🤔

There might be more info logged inside /uploads/logs. Try looking there.

As for disabling the gallery, it would be best to restore a backup, and not upgrade the application from the start rather than trying to bypass it now. It would only cause a mess.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply. Initially, when I started the upgrade I got 'Error: Specified key was too long;max key length is 1000 bytes File: /system/Db/Db.php Line: 198'
I found some posts about that suggesting to change DB engine to InnoDB which I did and upgrade process started and converted tables to utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation. All other steps went through fine and it just got stuck on this last step.

I noticed that a bunch of new tables were created as MyISAM with utf8mb3_unicode_ci collation including gallery related tables and I was wondering if that could be a problem and need to be manually converted to InnoDB again?

uploads/logs has 1.3Mb file 2024_06_20_uncaught_exception.php with following error

SELECT * FROM `ibf_core_themes` AS `core_themes` ORDER BY set_order
IPS\Db\Exception: Table 'hyeforum_forum.ibf_core_themes' doesn't exist (1146)

2024_06_20_upgrade_error.php file shows errors about duplicate columns or trying to drop non-existing columns. Attached is a zip file with both files if that helps.

errors.zip

Edited by GarikM

Hi @GarikM,

I don't think having both MyISAM and InnoDB present at the same time would cause any significant issues, at least not for a vanilla instance of the software.

My two cents: a new database was created on my installation and my community was not impacted. Aside from the error message that would be displayed in the support section of your AdminCP advising to change all databases to InnoDB, I just actioned the conversion in phpMyAdmin and the message cleared.

I hope you do find a solution soon though.

I cannot even log into the adminCP. I get below error:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

I restored database and restarted upgrade again and error log show missing tables core_themes, core_session, etc.
Even after copying these tables from a clean install DB into my DB manually, I get other error message:

UnderflowException::0
lang_not_exists__offline_title_wrap
#0 /home/hyeforum/public_html/system/Output/Output.php(469): IPS\_Lang->get()
#1 /home/hyeforum/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(6894): IPS\_Output->getTitle()
#2 /home/hyeforum/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#3 /home/hyeforum/public_html/system/Output/Output.php(770): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 /home/hyeforum/public_html/init.php(1083): IPS\_Output->error()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#6 {main}

11 hours ago, GarikM said:

Even after copying these tables from a clean install DB into my DB manually, I get other error message:

This would not be possible to do because there is data in those specific tables related to your installation. You would need to restore to a point where these tables existed.

I don't think the website is missing any tables because it was working fine until server got upgraded and support for PHP 5.4 was dropped a week ago.
I suspect it's most likely because the latest version is trying to upgrade from a version that is newer than my installation which is very old (IP.Board v3.4.6).
Is there a way to download a copy of IPBoard that's a few years old that may have support for this older version? I think that could help to get DB updated to the point where latest version can work with.

43 minutes ago, GarikM said:

I don't think the website is missing any tables because it was working fine until server got upgraded and support for PHP 5.4 was dropped a week ago.
I suspect it's most likely because the latest version is trying to upgrade from a version that is newer than my installation which is very old (IP.Board v3.4.6).
Is there a way to download a copy of IPBoard that's a few years old that may have support for this older version? I think that could help to get DB updated to the point where latest version can work with.

Version 3 is no longer supported at any level by ourselves, I’m afraid. You would need to contact a third party provider to help you perform an upgrade to the latest release.

Version 3 will likely not be supported by any modern host either as the required PHP version and other related items will be out of support as well.

I can try to do the upgrade myself if I get an older setup files for IPB v.4 that had support for v. 3.4.6
Is that something you can PM me to download? I can provide you with license details in PM to verify my eligibility if needed.

1 hour ago, GarikM said:

can try to do the upgrade myself if I get an older setup files for IPB v.4 that had support for v. 3.4.6

The latest version 4 in the Client Area would be the most robust upgrade procedure. We would not provide any download other than the latest release in the Client Area

I'm helping with the upgrade, and I figured it out. I'm posting the cause in case someone else hits the same issue.

The Gallery application was not updated to the latest version (5.0.5) for IP.Board 3.4.6.

Some required tables/columns added in newer versions were missing, which caused the errors.

Edited by teraßyte