Q&A forums are going away?

Interferon

I read somewhere the ability to mark a topic reply as the answer is going away in IPB version 5. Is this true? This would be a big problem for us, as we currently use a Q&A forum for our bug tracking system. I filter by unsolved topics to find what I am supposed to be working on, and mark my own replies as the solution when a bug is fixed.

I personally find this to be a step in the right direction.  

I was always kind of confused at the layout of Q&A forums, and find the natural flow of discussions in a typical forum to be better.  And with the ability to mark as helpful and solved, you get all of the primary attributes of Q&A.  

• Management
16 hours ago, Sonya* said:

... slowly disappearing...

The upvote/downvote view has been removed in v5, but the functionality to highlight the best content, feature the answer, etc still remains. We're just removing the slightly dated QA view where comments can move around breaking the flow of the conversation.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Matt said:

The upvote/downvote view has been removed in v5, but the functionality to highlight the best content, feature the answer, etc still remains. We're just removing the slightly dated QA view where comments can move around breaking the flow of the conversation.

We had a lot of complaints about the answer being moved to the first reply, so people could not follow the conversation. The "jump to solution" link worked a lot better.

Edited by Interferon

• Management
2 minutes ago, Interferon said:

We had a lot of complaints about the answer being moved to the first reply, so people could not follow the conversation. The "jump to solution" link worked a lot better.

Agreed.