Event Listing Cover Photo Sizing

Hi -

Back to testing 4.7.12 on the devsite and I am playing with creating events in Calendar.  I have tried a number of different sizes for the cover photo shown here but nothing seems to properly fit.  I even used Meaure It to calculate the height of the area, 200 px, and then resize and image to those dimensions but it still doesn't work.  

What have others done to properly fit an image without losing most of it in the drag to where you want it mode?

Could contain: Body Part, Hand, Person

Thanks for any thoughts!

Brian

You have to bear in mind there that its responsive in width, and so whatever image you choose needs to be something that will look fine no matter where on the image is shown in that box. So there isnt really any 'one size fits all' that you are looking for here unfortunately.

Its also worth pointing out, you really shouldn't be testing on 4.7.12. You should really test on the latest release.

Cover photos in IPS are tricky, because as Marc has pointed out, the cover photos are responsive and will stretch depending on the size of your window.  

In all the years that I've seen people struggle (myself included), the best ones that I've seen are where you have a repeating pattern which work regardless of the dimensions.  

The cover photos where you have one large focal point will always be either too small or too large. 

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Cover photos in IPS are tricky, because as Marc has pointed out, the cover photos are responsive and will stretch depending on the size of your window.  

In all the years that I've seen people struggle (myself included), the best ones that I've seen are where you have a repeating pattern which work regardless of the dimensions.  

The cover photos where you have one large focal point will always be either too small or too large. 

Thanks Joel.  Good to know and good to pass on to any community members who add an event on their own and want to add a photo.