Changing Test Install URL

I need to change the URL of my test install, but get the message: "There seems to still be an installation of Invision Community at the URL on file. Before you can change the URL, you must first remove the existing installation."

There's no installation at the test install url. Obviously, there is one at the actual url, but that's not what I'm trying to change. How do I change the test url?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jair101 said:

My licensed URL is community.com, my current test url is devtest.community.com. I need to change it to devtest2.community.com and I am unable to do so. Appreciate the help. 

May I ask the reason for the change? Keep in mind that you can only have 1 Test URL.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

May I ask the reason for the change? Keep in mind that you can only have 1 Test URL.

I am doing a new server and wanted to start from scratch, which is different from my previous test environment (I haven't used it in a while). In a hindsight, it shouldn't have been an issue to keep the old test url, but now I already have the lets encrpypt certificates, web server, etc configuration, all with the new url.

I guess I can redo that if it is too much effort for you, I thought that the strict rule was just for the main website url, which won't change. 

3 minutes ago, jair101 said:

I am doing a new server and wanted to start from scratch, which is different from my previous test environment (I haven't used it in a while). In a hindsight, it shouldn't have been an issue to keep the old test url, but now I already have the lets encrpypt certificates, web server, etc configuration, all with the new url.

I guess I can redo that if it is too much effort for you, I thought that the strict rule was just for the main website url, which won't change. 

A sub-domain can be pointed to the new server via DNS. This is the benefit of doing a sub-domain so you don't have to reset the Test URL on your license each time you want to change the server 🙂 . However, as a one-time courtesy, I have done so here.