Event Search - Error logs

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this. However, before we continue too far, I would suggest upgrading or disabling the following third party add-ons to ensure they are not involved.

• applications/easypopup/hooks/includeJSandCSS.php
  • applications/memberscountry/hooks/dispatcherFront.php
  • plugins/aedtousdconversion/hooks/aedtousd_patterns.php
  • applications/singledriveandwaitlist/hooks/OutputOverride.php
  • applications/drives/hooks/drivesData.php
  • applications/membersshop/hooks/MemberHook.php
  • applications/memberscountry/hooks/friendlyUrl.php
  • applications/membersshop/hooks/GroupHook.php

Thanks Jim, here is the reply from one of the developer.

The error in the system logs is NOT related to the plugins. It's a bug in Invision it looks like - if guests hit the event-search endpoint without filling anything in on the form, it causes an error due to a bug in the code. It isn't going to be easy to duplicate on your end, but all it takes is submitting an AJAX request (which, to Invision, just means a particular HTTP header is present) to this URL without submitting the form: https://carnity.com/events/event-search/ . I would recommend reporting this to Invision

4 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Thanks Jim, here is the reply from one of the developer.

Unfortunately, this isn't something I was able to reproduce on an installation without modifications in normal operation of the software. I would still recommend disabling and testing again.

@Jim M Brandon here.

You need to submit the request as an "AJAX" request, that's the key. Here's a code snippet you can drop into postman or execute on the server to reproduce. It will cause the error on demand.

curl --location '{base_url}/events/event-search/' \
--header 'X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest' \

Swap out {base_url} with an Invision base URL.

I can reproduce the error here on this community easily with this for instance:

curl --location 'https://invisioncommunity.com/events/event-search/' \
--header 'X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest' \

Hope this helps! The problem is that the $select variable in the controller isn't initialized basically (or rather, it's initialized inside an if statement but that if statement isn't hit, however a separate query is ran for AJAX requests later on expecting the variable to be set).

• 3 months later...