User content auto quoted into warning message.

Hey guys, 

Quick question. So far as I know, to warn a user, you have to go into their profile and click the "Warn User" button, this then brings up the window where you can select the warning and enter in text relating to the warning etc, or edit the text already associated to the warning.

However, is there any built in functionality in IPS where a Warn button is on the users posts/postbit so that when it is clicked, the offending content is auto quoted into the warning message ? I just find this makes life easier for moderators and also ensures each warning has the correct amount of context so the offending users is 100% clear on why they were warned for. This also helps avoid human error if a mod forgets to add in the context manually. 

Perhaps I have missed something, it is a feature I have seen on other platforms and curious if it is here on IPS or if this is going to have to be a custom modification.

Thanks,
P

While it doesnt quote the content, it does link to the content if given from that post. The issue here I believe is in how you are giving the warning. You can do it by pointing at the name in the post, clicking the moderator options button (3 dots) and you will see warn user there. If you go to their profile itself, the system has no way to know what you are giving the warning for

Could contain: Page, Text

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

While it doesnt quote the content, it does link to the content if given from that post. The issue here I believe is in how you are giving the warning. You can do it by pointing at the name in the post, clicking the moderator options button (3 dots) and you will see warn user there. If you go to their profile itself, the system has no way to know what you are giving the warning for

Could contain: Page, Text

Thanks for the info. If I go that route so that the Warning is linked to that particular post, does the warned user see that inherent link so they can associate the warning with their posted content ? I assume mods and admins can see the link but unsure if a standard user will. 

4 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Jim,

If that post was edited to remove the violation would they see the original version that was problematic?

What would happen if that post was hidden or moved to a forum the user does not have access to?

They wouldn't. no. In scenarios like that, it would generally be expected that the moderator would provide some information to the user