HTTP ERROR 500 after upgrading to Invision 4.7.14

Go to solution Solved by D-Rocks09,

Good evening,

I recently updated my community to version 4.7.14 and now were getting constant "HTTP ERROR 500" error's.

Issue #1 Whenever someone access's the site (www.rockstarsocialclub.net) they get the error but if you refresh after getting the error then the website loads.

Issue #2 We can't get to our club's section (www.rockstarsocialclub.net/crews/) at all. Refreshing the website doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

On 12/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, teraßyte said:

A 500 error is very generic. It's like a "check engine" light on your car.  It does not say what the problem is just that something went wrong.

Check your server logs for the real error behind it. Without it, it's hard to say what the issue is and how you can resolve it.

Thank you for your insights. The server logs are showing the issue is related to our third-party theme that is installed. I have reached out the developer for assistance.

PHP Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\Theme\clubsenhancements_hook_ceClubsTemplates::directory($featuredClubs, $allClubs, $pagination, $baseUrl, $sortOption, $myClubsActivity, $mapMarkers = null, $view = 'grid') must be compatible with IPS\Theme\class_core_front_clubs::directory($featuredClubs, $allClubs, $pagination, $baseUrl, $sortOption, $myClubsActivity, $mapMarkers = null, $view = 'grid', $mineOnly = false) in /home/rockokym/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(951) : eval()'d code on line 149

Looks like the problem is coming from the Clubs Enhancements application. Check with the author if they have an update available that fixes it, and If they don't, you'll have to disable it until it's fixed.

There's also the option of manually fixing the hook since you have access to the files on the server, but the best option is to upgrade the application since there might be other errors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 12/9/2023 at 9:19 PM, teraßyte said:

Looks like the problem is coming from the Clubs Enhancements application. Check with the author if they have an update available that fixes it, and If they don't, you'll have to disable it until it's fixed.

There's also the option of manually fixing the hook since you have access to the files on the server, but the best option is to upgrade the application since there might be other errors.

You are correct. I disabled the app and the HTTP 500 errors go away. If I re-enable it then it comes back so I currently have it disabled while I am working with the author of the app.

Thank you everyone for your guidance.