View images directly in .avif format

NightAngel

Hello !

In future releases, will it be possible to display .avif images directly in messages ?

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Wheel, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Coupe, License Plate, Sedan

At the moment, the .avif file is displayed as an attachment, even though the system saves it perfectly and my browser (obviously) supports this format.

I think that allowing this format in the Gallery application (as well as in the others, I haven't checked) would be a good thing.

That'll be all! 😜

• 3 months later...

currently all browsers support avif by default already, so maybe its the right time to add support into invision community apps 🤔

and not only by showing avif images directly in posts, but i cant set avif images as grid card images as well 😞

Could contain: Text, Symbol, Sign

and also image settings should be improved 🤔 theres quite a big difference between same quality value accross different formats - and avif is missing there as well

Could contain: Page, Text

i also use some external images embedded in a code and with same level of visual quality i squeezed them with avif from 2,6 MB to 0,6 MB which is quite significant saving 🤔

and not speaking about all images in theme resources which still use almost 30 years old formats, mostly png 🤐

so please, do something about it 😔

6 hours ago, Vodafone CZ said:

currently all browsers support avif by default already, so maybe its the right time to add support into invision community apps 🤔

so please, do something about it 😔

While I understand you want something to be added here, please bear in mind support for edge and avif was added in 121

https://caniuse.com/avif

Version 121 was release in the last 24 hours. I'm sure you can appreciate, we would not add support for something within 24 hours of a browser supporting a product.

• 1 month later...