Can't install a PWA of my site on my iPhone 13?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I'm not sure why when I add my website to my home page on my iPhone, it just creates a bookmark to Safari instead of a PWA. 

I've tried without creating a manifest, I've tried creating a manifest and choosing Full Screen mode, both create a regular bookmark. Is there another setting I'm missing in my ACP

When I add this InvisionCommunity.com site to my home page on my iPhone, it creates a PWA as expected. 

Would recommend simplifying your website down. Looks like you have a few third party applications, plugins, and custom theme. Along with a third party advertising source, which could potentially interrupt the outputted meta data to let the device know there is a PWA.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Would recommend simplifying your website down. Looks like you have a few third party applications, plugins, and custom theme. Along with a third party advertising source, which could potentially interrupt the outputted meta data to let the device know there is a PWA.

I disabled the 3rd party app, disabled all plug-ins, switched to a stock theme with no ads, and tried again. It still creates a good old bookmark, no PWA. 

• 4 months later...

I seem to have the same issue as above. It Will only add my site as a bookmark. I don’t use and third party stuff or plugins that I’m aware of. I can install PWA’s with this community and others using Invision. Any help would be appreciated. 

thanks 😊 

On 1/21/2024 at 6:00 AM, Seylerg said:

Sorry just found out that it must be a cookie or cache thing. I opened my site in a private window then it let me add as a PWA to my Home Screen. All good 👍

Indeed the same was the issue with the op. Seems browsers cache the manifest for a while