Extinct safe to remove theme templates

Go to solution Solved by The Old Man,

Hi,

Is there a list of theme templates and folders that we can safely remove from the suite?

I keep seeing templates for EOL options, in Nexus with hosting etc, social media promotion etc. but sometimes there is no Delete button. Sometimes there is a delete button for them but the templates still remain listed as modified even after using it and clearing the cache.

The theme differences facility doesn't list them so you only have an idea from the change log and deprecated features.

Many thanks!

Nope, it doesn't show you which templates have been removed, at least not when I look at it.

Yesterday I before I exported a localdev theme I noticed that a lot of Nexus templates were showing in the list as modified, things like for hosting and buying domain names. So I've just gone back from 4.7.13 comparing each version until 4.78 -> 4.7.9 before I found changes to multiple Nexus template changes. But no mention of the ones that I'm assuming have gone completely (since there is no revert or delete option and they show as modified but the comparison between original and current version shows no differences.

Here's an example of one of my templates showing as modified, with no delete or revert button. Is it safe to delete it manually?

Could contain: File

Incidentally, I just took a look at a live site of mine and I'm worried none of these previous template changes have occurred... example from 4.7.8 in /css/nexus/front/client.css which in Theme Difference shows as:

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Invoice, File

whereas my actual client.css 4.7.13 template in my custom theme and in the default IPS theme (folder 1) are not showing them as being adjusted:

Could contain: Page, Text

Update: If I go into Designers mode on my live site, the removed CSS is not there in client.css!

Edited by The Old Man

20 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Yesterday I before I exported a localdev theme I noticed that a lot of Nexus templates were showing in the list as modified, things like for hosting and buying domain names. So I've just gone back from 4.7.13 comparing each version until 4.78 -> 4.7.9 before I found changes to multiple Nexus template changes. But no mention of the ones that I'm assuming have gone completely (since there is no revert or delete option and they show as modified but the comparison between original and current version shows no differences.

Here's an example of one of my templates showing as modified, with no delete or revert button. Is it safe to delete it manually?

So I just went into Designer's mode on my live site and then exited and then chose the option to sync all themes.

When I opened one and selected to see the modified templates, there they all are (the ones I mentioned seeing) from the ones I saw yesterday on my localdev:

Could contain: Page, Text, Menu, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone

• 3 weeks later...