Email notification when manual admin account registration is enabled

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

For spam prevention, I enabled manual admin approval on new registrations. However, when a new user creates an account, I don't receive an email notification, leaving the new user in a pending state until I remember to manually log-in in the admin area and check. Very annoying and time-consuming. 

How can I enable email notifications?

11 hours ago, blacknight said:

Thank you for the reply Mark. Could you tell me exactly where to find this setting? I clicked on the bell icon as admin but don't see this option.

In the ACP, click the notification bell -> Notification Settings -> enable emails for "A new member requires admin validation"

Could contain: Text

• Solution
On 9/3/2023 at 3:29 AM, blacknight said:

Found it, thank you! 

May I ask you what is the difference between (1) yes, once until addressed and (2) yes, every occurrence ?

So, if you have it set to notify you on new approvals needed, you will get one message the first time you get one, no matter how many there are to approve, until you log in if using option 1. On the second option, you will get one message every time there is a member that needs to be approved, even if you already know there are some awaiting