Views not being counted

Are your background tasks running? This can be checked in by typing "Tasks" in the ACP search and reviewing that the tasks are running. If you are running the background tasks by traffic and you have low traffic, these background tasks may not be running efficiently but still running.

3 hours ago, DawPi said:

They are counted but... updating via task, so there may be delay in updating views count. But hey! They will be!

Thank you for your reply. The views counter for some topics has not been updated for 18+ hours or longer. The issue is only happening with some topics. Other topics in the same forum do display incremental views.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

Are your background tasks running? This can be checked in by typing "Tasks" in the ACP search and reviewing that the tasks are running. If you are running the background tasks by traffic and you have low traffic, these background tasks may not be running efficiently but still running.

Thank you for your reply. Tasks are running and are set to the default of run automatically with traffic. The site has moderate traffic, definitely not low traffic.

What I don't understand is why this issue only affects some topics and not others.

12 minutes ago, blackcab.th said:

Thank you for your reply. Tasks are running and are set to the default of run automatically with traffic. The site has moderate traffic, definitely not low traffic.

What I don't understand is why this issue only affects some topics and not others.

Are you able to provide the URL to the topic in question? I can then take a closer look. View count updates are done in batches so it's not unheard of for it to go a few rounds of the task running without updating but if it's been like a couple hours, something may be happening. Please also ensure all access details are up to date in our Client Area.