Using WP Mail SMTP and Brevo.

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

At present your site is set to use PHPMail according to what you have there, so it would be trying to use PHPMail on your server to send from the email address you have set just above that setting. If you want it to use smtp in the same manner as your other, you would need to select smtp and enter the relevant details.

• 5 months later...

Hi
I have been using a SMTP-server that is not recommended by my ISP. I am running Invision Community v4.7.14 . The community have been blocked due a large number of outgoing mail. I used "SMTP" in Mail delivery method.

Instead, my ISP recommend another SMTP-server but I have to use script to get it work. 

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Since you answered 15degrees above that he uses PHPMail I assume it's the same in my case?

I thought that I would find a folder "PHPMail" but I dont...
Am I supposed to configure my settings in "/public_html/forums/system/Email/Outgoing/smtp.php"?

Please, in what form then? Otherwise I have to ask again.... 🙂
One exampleline will do.

Best regards 
Richard

If you are utilizing an SMTP service, you would need to configure that via the SMTP options. If your hosting provider wants you to utilize the PHPMail option which they have configure for you via your PHP configuration, you would choose PHPMail. 

If you require anything outside of those options, that would require a customization which is outside our scope of support.

You misunderstand me. My fault... I think I manage to set up PHPMail by myself. 

I want you to tell me where in "your" code I am supposed to point out the PHPMail folder with the classes. 

Using phpmail by itself generally requires NO configuration in the software if your host is setup properly.  The host would ensure a service like sendmail is setup on the server and configured. You should not need credentials to use it etc.  The web server (Apache) should already be a trusted sender.

SMTP however is a different beast. It runs on different potential port numbers depending on what version of encryption is being used (if any at all) and requires credentials to be passed if it’s not open to the world for abuse.  If using SMTP you would need to pass a lot of specific data for it to connect. 

Glad you got it working. 🙂