Forum member changed email address and now stuck status unable to log in?

Hi guys, a little while ago a forum member of mine changed their email address on their profile, and used a confirmation link sent to them, but kept getting a timeout error on the forum when this link opened.  This appeared to be a hosting issue so that's fine, and eventually I was able to approve the change for them via the admin CP.

Their profile now shows the updated email address correctly, but they cannot log into the forum, and from the admin CP I receive the same error message they get if I attempt to login as them.
If I reset their password this appears to change correctly, but yet again, the same error is giving when trying to log in as them.

The error they/I receive every time when trying to log into their (my own profile access is fine) profile is:

Sorry!

Your account does not require validation

Error code: 2S129/4

I have googled this error code and found a few other instances online referring to it, but was not able to find any explanation to the cause of this or solution to it unfortunately so am none the wiser, on how I must rectify this limbo state that they appear to be stuck in, or identify how to prevent it for others.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could advise some help in resolving this as they've been very patient while I have tried in vain to resolve it myself.

Many thanks indeed
Jim

Thanks very much Marc - I've updated the details for access just now, although I wasn't certain what the correct details were specifically required for the "Admin CP .htaccess" section I'm afraid.  Would that go by any other description at all by any chance?

The user's member name is:

i486dx266

You will see in the admin CP when viewing their account that it shows in the recent activity section they have been logged in twice, but this status is from the times when the above error has been displayed and access has not actually worked when trying to log in.  Not sure if that information is of any help at all.

Please let me know of course if you need any additional details

Many thanks indeed
Jim

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

9 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

Hello, any idea how this was solved in the end. I’m having the same problem with one member. If it’s something I could do please let me know.

We are still awaiting details from this user so if you are wanting to provide yours, we can also look at your issue. If you want to provide us the member name or ID and then the access below:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

On 8/7/2023 at 8:19 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Apologies for the delay replying Marc as I've been on vacation for the last week and not really had connectivity.

I did check recently the details for access and had mentioned near the beginning of the thread here that I wasn't certain what the correct details were specifically required for the "Admin CP .htaccess" section I'm afraid.  I feel stupid asking but what's the best way for me to locate that, i.e. will that be buried somewhere in my hosting settings and I've missed it there, or actually in say the htaccess file etc?

In the meantime though I have just logged into phpmyadmin and found the details described by PPlanet, and tried to change that same bitoptions value for the user having the issue.

It does appear to have worked for me also, as I was then able to log in as the user, although I am waiting for them to confirm that all is now well.

9 hours ago, Cretster said:

I did check recently the details for access and had mentioned near the beginning of the thread here that I wasn't certain what the correct details were specifically required for the "Admin CP .htaccess" section I'm afraid.  I feel stupid asking but what's the best way for me to locate that, i.e. will that be buried somewhere in my hosting settings and I've missed it there, or actually in say the htaccess file etc?

If you are unsure what htaccess login is, you dont have it 🙂 

7 hours ago, Cretster said:

In the meantime though I have just logged into phpmyadmin and found the details described by PPlanet, and tried to change that same bitoptions value for the user having the issue.

It does appear to have worked for me also, as I was then able to log in as the user, although I am waiting for them to confirm that all is now well.

Please let us know if you still have issues of course, but sounds like you got it