Embedding Threads

Day_

More of a future request this one to have on your radar as it wouldn't be possible at this time.

With Elon tanking Twitter, sorry X, when it is, if it ever is possible, could we get Threads embedded the same way as we have Tweets or whatever he calls them now.

Maybe being a little optimistic with this one though with Meta changing the api goalposts and not even having Instagram embeds.

• Management

I think that is very low on their todo list, so it may be a year or more until we get a way to do that, and if Facebook is anything to go by, the number of hoops to jump through is ridiculous. 

I'm interested in the AP system too but want to see it implemented in Bluesky and/or threads before we invest time into it.

Was always a long shot this one, but if it triggers a discussion on alternative methods great.

Our forum and I would imagine most football sites rely heavily on the sharing of tweets by journalists and media outlets.

Frustrating but the way it is.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an older topic but a lot has changed since. Threads is potentially going to integrate with ActivityPub sometime in the near future, hopefully. Wordpress has opened its integration with it and I really hope that Invision will take a more active look into bringing this into v5 soon.