Issue with archiving topics

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Hi,

I enabled topic/post archiving here, with the following parameters:

• last post: more than 10 years
  • unpinned

The system informs that there are 95.305 topics that match this condition, which represent 7% of our total topics.

After several days, these posts were archived, but we ended up with several really old topics that weren't archived. The 95.305 number seemed off, since we are online 20+ years with over 1 million topics.

Upon further investigating this, I found out that topics that contained the value '3' in the forums_topics.topic_archive_status columns weren't archived. I don't know what this value '3' represents. Maybe a flag for topics that shouldn't be archived? We used archiving several years ago, and disabled it, and maybe because of that all topics that were archived then got this status?

Also, I see several new topics being created with this '3' value, mostly topics that are reserved for article comments in Pages. But not all.

I just need this confirmation, so I can manually fix this!

See below how we could actually archive 830,438 topics, and not only 95,305. The missing 735,133 topics have this '3' status:

SELECT count(*) FROM forums_topics WHERE pinned='0' AND last_real_post < 1374439854;

SELECT count(*) FROM forums_topics WHERE pinned='0' AND topic_archive_status = '1' AND last_real_post < 1374439854;

SELECT count(*) FROM forums_topics WHERE pinned='0' AND topic_archive_status = '3' AND last_real_post < 1374439854;

Please advise.

Cheers,

Gabe.

Edited by Gabriel Torres