Adding new templates to a theme does not work

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Hello,

I have an existing application and I am trying to add some new features. I have added a new template to the theme.xml file and also created a new record in the core_theme_templates table, but when I try to use the new template I get the error below:

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)
/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

• Solution
11 minutes ago, Jennifer Beadles said:

I have added a new template to the theme.xml file and also created a new record in the core_theme_templates table

Instead of doing those things, why not add it using the tool already available for adding a template?

Could contain: Page, Text, File

If you are developing an application though, then things are a little different - if this is the case, you'd create your template in the dev folder of your application and work from there.

29 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Instead of doing those things, why not add it using the tool already available for adding a template?

Could contain: Page, Text, File

If you are developing an application though, then things are a little different - if this is the case, you'd create your template in the dev folder of your application and work from there.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried doing it this way but it didn't work either. I think it's because my test environment is not configured correclty. I can't even see the list of exising templates.