Admin CP help after migration

Hey all.  I migrated my site to Hostinger last week, and everything went smooth - or so I thought.  I cannot access my Admin CP due to the credentials not being correct.  Where do I need to go to find what my actual credential are in the database?  Can I do that and change it from there?  I have copied and pasted some of the support I received from them, but they really haven't offered anything that works yet...Some of the correspondence is in italics below.  I do understand now that the .htaccess from the old host would not necessarily be carried over in migration.

You should typically be able to reset your admin panel password via the forum software itself. The specific process can vary between different forum software, so you might need to refer to IPS community suite's support resources or documentation for detailed instructions. I was not able to do this.

Find your admin user record: Once you're in phpMyAdmin, open your IPS database and find the table that contains user data. It's usually named something like core_members. Within that table, you should find your admin user record. 

Change your password: IPS usually uses a one-way hashing function to store passwords, which means you can't just change the password directly. You might need to use a MD5 hash function, depending on your IPS version. You can use an online generator to get an MD5 hash of a new password, and then replace the current hashed password with the new one. I browsed this record but I'm not comfortable trying this just yet.

As for the .htaccess and conf_global files, those wouldn't typically contain the admin credentials for your IPS. The .htaccess file is a configuration file for use on web servers running Apache, while the conf_global.php file contains the settings for your IPS installation, which usually includes database connection details, but not admin credentials.

Can anyone explain or offer any suggestions that will point me in the right direction? Thank you.

I'm not receiving emails from my forum right now, so I will need to wait until I get that taken care of to try that.  Hostinger and GoDaddy both tell me I need to contact the other for DNS record editing, so I am getting the runaround.

53 minutes ago, aradams75 said:

I'm not receiving emails from my forum right now, so I will need to wait until I get that taken care of to try that.  Hostinger and GoDaddy both tell me I need to contact the other for DNS record editing, so I am getting the runaround.

Although manipulating the database directly isn't something that I would recommend, unless one knows what they are doing, I think this will help you in retrieving your password.

If you have access to phpmyadmin try this. Go to the database that you have used to install your Ipb forum and then run the fowllowing sql query from the SQL tab.

UPDATE `core_members` SET members_pass_hash ='$2y$10$3KMSmbRwex9.wTYdv2/1gukbyCYAvvmob/6G23O9MaA5otd0hzs3u' WHERE member_id = x;

Replace x with your member id and if you are using a prefix for your database tables, add it to the core_members table name in the example query above.

That will reset your password to test. After you log in on the front end, you can change it to something secure.

Edited by Miss_B