Since the latest patch I have problems with setting cookies, it's a disaster!

e.g. I have a Dark/Light Mode Switcher which saves the setting as a cookie in the browser. Doesn't work anymore with the latest update, as well as pretty much all non-standard cookies that don't come from IPS.

Is there any way to change this?

10 minutes ago, Vakarian96 said:

Since the latest patch I have problems with setting cookies, it's a disaster!

e.g. I have a Dark/Light Mode Switcher which saves the setting as a cookie in the browser. Doesn't work anymore with the latest update, as well as pretty much all non-standard cookies that don't come from IPS.

Is there any way to change this?

Yes, with a next patch probably being prepared by the IPS. They already have a lot of information about accumulated issues...

1 minute ago, Vakarian96 said:

That's crap.
Why are updates that affect an essential system and don't seem to work correctly released through the stable update channel?

I'm not sure what you mean. Setting cookies is currently working otherwise, there would be a lot broken in our software 🙂 .

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Setting cookies is currently working otherwise, there would be a lot broken in our software 🙂 .

How that as a guest I have to accept the cookie message every time I reload the page?

Just now, Vakarian96 said:

How that as a guest I have to accept the cookie message every time I reload the page?

Please ensure that you have the latest patch installed from ACP -> Support. Currently, this is not something which I can reproduce on an unmodified test installation.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

21 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I have updated the information

This looks to be a bug where you are not using {cookies} for the cookie language of the cookie bar but manually typing in your own language, URL, etc... There seems to be an issue with this.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

I have tested it again now, with the default language it works ... until a restart of the browser.

It's just a disaster for both users and administrators.

It would be better to patch it back to the old system, test it extensively and release it later along with other useful GDPR features such as an opt-in procedure for external media in content (which is urgently needed here in the European region).

After what one reads here so in the forum, this system brings annoyance with most users.

PS: Please do not reset the editor to default settings next time, I had to load a backup. 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please update to the latest release, which should resolve the issue you are having there

Ok seems to work now.

However, the integration is still just bad.

The tool uses only the IPS standard cookies as technically necessary cookies. Own cookies which do not come standard from IPS, can not be added to the tool and thus always fall under optional cookies.

3 hours ago, Vakarian96 said:

opt-in procedure for external media in content (which is urgently needed here in the European region).

Are there any plans for this?