Issues of 4.7.9 - 4.7.11, request

PatrickRQ

HI IPS,

I personally do not like this type topics when my Customers post it, and to be honest I have a feeling  just I want to click DELETE button, however every time I see such I try to understand them.

I noticed that for last few updates you started creating many new issues while fixing other. If you will search forums you will notice that recent updates generated many problems where some were/are related to important areas.. e.g. payments (PayPal), login session.. and many many smaller ones.

If you are unsure of quality of specific update, maybe reconsider not pushing update just because you are at the end of your monthly schedule? maybe split updates into 2 smaller ones, to twice a month? as if you will create new issues, your customers must wait a month for next update (since you stopped pushing hotfix releases for a while already).

I honestly can understand you often do your best, check things million times, you are happy all is working where at the end some updates are total fail - I know it from autopsy, but if things start to happen for 1-2-3.. updates.. that means some procedure requires correction. Discuss it internally. Thanks.

Edited by PatrickRQ

Thank you for your feedback. Of course, we do indeed try to ensure the quality of our releases, however there will be times where there are unexpected issues that occur, such as in the latest release. However, generally, we are seeing less issues raised, rather than more, as a general trend. This is not to say there haven't been a few issues, which have indeed been patched. What I would say is that when there are issues in a release, these are not something we ignore even after the patch or release has gone out to resolve them. We are constantly improving processes in order to try and minimise these. 🙂 

17 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for your feedback. Of course, we do indeed try to ensure the quality of our releases, however there will be times where there are unexpected issues that occur, such as in the latest release. However, generally, we are seeing less issues raised, rather than more, as a general trend. This is not to say there haven't been a few issues, which have indeed been patched. What I would say is that when there are issues in a release, these are not something we ignore even after the patch or release has gone out to resolve them. We are constantly improving processes in order to try and minimise these. 🙂 

I talked about treated updates on crucial areas with more care, e.g. I had same problem.. now when I update such areas I extend tests period and do not care about monthly schedule. My customers like it as I get nearly 0 negative feedback.

Edited by PatrickRQ

• Management

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sharing your concerns. The QA process is a bit like being the goal keeper in a football game (ok, soccer if you insist). You're never remembered for the dozens of saves you make, you're only remembered for the ones you let in.

We have developed a robust development process where every single commit we make is peer reviewed before being committed into our repository. We then test it on a private staging site, and then we release betas for a few weeks before releasing the final version.

Unfortunately, a few things have slipped through and these have been fairly complex issues which are difficult to test with a small group. Fortunately, we do have a patch system that allows us to get fixes to you almost instantly via the AdminCP.

We always review internally when things go wrong, and we will do based on the information you've provided.