Upgrading 3.4.6 community, stuck in upgrade process.

Initially it was throwing me in a loop where it would tell me that some tables needed to be converted to UTF-8, only for the next screen to tell me that everything is fine and I can continue (and then repeat).  I used the CLI convert process and after replacing the old tables with the converted ones, now this...

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
/***/applications//setup/upg_/queries.json - query #3

Clicking "Retry?" or "Continue" presents me with the same thing.

(Upgrading to 4.7.10)

This might be a trial upgrade (if there are too many issues to fix first), or it might go live.  I'll decide after I've managed to complete the process and see what the results are.  But until then, need help on getting past this point.

Thanks dude.  I tried doing searches before but didn't find anything.

Okay, so is there a query to run that will convert to dynamic or is that a hosting company thing?

I also see "MyISAM" mentioned as a culprit, so will converting to InnoDB fix it?

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would suggest checking the compact row types again, as that is indeed what would cause the error you are seeing

The default engine is set to MyISAM and I've asked my provider to change it to InnoDB.  What I've been doing is running a query to generate new queries that will do a search-and-destroy list of tables that are either MyISAM or not Dynamic, with the new queries altering those tables to be InnoDB/Dynamic.  Had to run that a few times to get new queries in order to fix the issue.

Now a new issue...

Could contain: Text, Paper

6 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Use the latest release to upgrade [4.7.11], I assume you're using 4.7.10.

You should never assume, even though you were right this time. 😁

I hope I don't have to do this again.  That first screen gets annoying since I flip some of the options (convert friends to followers, bbCode, etc).  I had actually edited some of the options files to default them to what I want from restarting the whole process over and over again.  lol

Could contain: Firearm, Weapon, Text

So looking at the list of tables from a couple of different backups, the table 'cms_page_widget_areas' doesn't exist and (from what I can see), didn't exist by or before v3.4.8.  So there's a bug right there.  So what should I do, dig up the schema for it and create the table myself?

2 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Have a look in the 'core_log' database table for this error (and the array_map one), I would like to see the backtrace / more log data.

Error: Class "IPS\cms\Records1" not found (0)
#0 /home/***/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(594): IPS\cms\setup\upg_104030\_Upgrade->step1()
#1 /home/***/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(326): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade->step1()
#2 /home/***/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/upgrade.php(47): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade->process()
#3 /home/***/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_upgrade->IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\{closure}()
#4 /home/***/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/upgrade.php(32): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct()
#5 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_upgrade->manage()
#6 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Setup.php(220): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/***/admin/upgrade/index.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Setup->run()
#8 {main}

5 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

I bet you're regretting not upgrading from 3.x sooner 🙂

Couldn't afford to do it sooner.  Also, push come to shove, I can just ask you all to do it. 😉

On 6/16/2023 at 10:47 PM, Wolfie said:

Error: Class "IPS\cms\Records1" not found (0)
#0 /home/***/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(594): IPS\cms\setup\upg_104030\_Upgrade->step1()
#1 /home/***/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(326): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade->step1()
#2 /home/***/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/upgrade.php(47): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade->process()
#3 /home/***/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_upgrade->IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\{closure}()
#4 /home/***/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/upgrade.php(32): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct()
#5 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_upgrade->manage()
#6 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Setup.php(220): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/***/admin/upgrade/index.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Setup->run()
#8 {main}

Couldn't afford to do it sooner.  Also, push come to shove, I can just ask you all to do it. 😉

Can you provide the logs for the two other issues I asked about? specifically those are something I would like to look at. This one is probably just a side-effect of the upgrade halting.

2 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Can you provide the logs for the two other issues I asked about?

If you're willing to edit your hosts file, I can give you the details to look at it directly.  I went ahead and upgraded my live site, but the other upgrade that I was doing (and will be moving my site to) is still there for the moment, just not easily accessible without knowing the correct information (DNS records aren't pointing to it).