template_error

REPLACE INTO `core_follow_count_cache` ( `id`, `class`, `count`, `added` ) VALUES ( NULL, 'IPS\core\Member', 0, 1681073816 )
Column 'id' cannot be null
#0 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(972): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*directory_fo...', Array)
#1 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(733): IPS\_Db->replace('core_follow_cou...', Array)
#2 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(761): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::_followers('member', NULL, 3, Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, true)
#3 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Member/Member.php(1541): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::_followersCount('member', NULL, 3, Array, NULL)
#4 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(99): IPS\_Member->followersCount()
#5 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_profile->allFollowers(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Db\Select), 24)
#6 /home/directory/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(1878): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('allFollowers', Array)
#7 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->followers()
#8 /home/directory/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#10 /home/directory/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Could contain: Sword, Weapon, City

Hello community! I want an exhortation on how I could solve this, or even a precise resolution.

Edited by Vasile Rogoz

• 2 months later...

@Vasile Rogoz @Marc Stridgen

Today I saw this very same error in our system log. The OP failed to provide more detailed info. This error shows up when trying to see the full list of followers from a user. E.g.:

https://invisioncommunity.com/profile/536186-marc-stridgen/followers

Here, this error was being thrown when trying to see the follower list of a specific user. All other users the follower list displayed just fine, without throwing an error. So I knew it had to be an issue with that single user.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that there was one row in the core_follow table that was pointing to a user that no longer existed. Deleting that specific row solved the issue. In fact, I found a total of 10 rows (out of 460,000) with the same issue. Deleted them all with:

DELETE FROM core_follow WHERE follow_member_id NOT IN (SELECT member_id FROM core_members);

Now, why this inconsistency happened? I have no clue. Maybe this is a bug caused by a third-party app, maybe it is a core bug, caused by a routine that should have deleted the corresponding rows at core_follow when the user was deleted (maybe when users request their account to be deleted?). I have no further info for you at this time, but you ought to test this further.

I hope I have helped.

Cheers!

@Marc Stridgen As I mentioned, I deleted the offending records. My best bet is that a routine in charge of deleting users is not deleting the corresponding records in the core_follow table. I would suggest testing this by getting a test user, making it follow another user, then make the test user request his account to be deleted, approve this deletion and checking if the record in core_follow table was deleted as it should.

27 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

would suggest testing this by getting a test user, making it follow another user, then make the test user request his account to be deleted, approve this deletion and checking if the record in core_follow table was deleted as it should.

I can't reproduce this.

We have in fact 2 deletion queries when a member is deleted.

THe first one deletes all followed content and the second deletes the rows where other members follow the deleted member.

This part from your error stack is very weird

#3 /home/directory/public_html/forum/system/Member/Member.php(1541): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::_followersCount('member', NULL, 3, Array, NULL)

It indicates, that the viewed profile doesn't belong to a valid member, because the second parameter should be an integerer ( the member id ) but it's NULL in your case.

Is this also happening with your default thme?

7 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Is this also happening with your default thme?

As I explained in my post, this is not a theme issue. The error is thrown when one of the followers simply don't exist. The member_id is there in the core_follow table, but the member with that ID doesn't exist at the core_members table. Deleting this rogue records solved the issue for me.

You'll probably have then more orphaned data than you think:D

This are now all the core tables which could contain member_ids from deleted members

core_clubs_memberships
core_error_logs
core_follow
core_ignored_users
core_ignored_users
core_item_markers
core_member_history
core_members_warn_logs
core_notification_preferences
core_notifications
core_oauth_server_access_tokens
core_pfields_content