When using Fluid forum view

Hi,

We have forum section that guest can not see, it for beta feedback for our software, here what the problem from the members words:

I can see them fine in my own usage of the forum in fluid mode - when I clicked that URL in the post above, though, the forum unselected all areas, which was why I couldn't see then see anything, as fluid mode requires some ticks.  But this doesn't affect anything I do routinely.

Actually, what's happening in my case is...  I use the "Fluid" view of the forum, which shows posts from those forums selected in the forum list on the right of the page.  When I click that link above, the list on the right no longer contains my normal selection, but is empty.  So no forums are selected, and as a result no posts are shown.

Thanks.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:10 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need more information on this. It doesnt say what link they are referring to clicking here

Hi Marc,

In the test site, I setup the user abo-test for the Fluid forum view, please see this thread for testing:

https://testipb.emby.tv/community/index.php?/topic/102384-testing-for-private-beta-link/

As abo-test have the "Testing Area" selected for the Fluid forums, when click for a link for the mean forum for testing, it simply will reset all the forum selected for it, and the result will "There are no topics in this forum yet".

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any issues here. When I have a forum selected in fluid view and then click that link then go back to the forum, my selection is still saved.

It is a bit unclear the order of operations here so if there is a step-by-step approach that can be provided, that would be helpful. However, at this time, I am not seeing anything acting incorrectly.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any issues here. When I have a forum selected in fluid view and then click that link then go back to the forum, my selection is still saved.

It is a bit unclear the order of operations here so if there is a step-by-step approach that can be provided, that would be helpful. However, at this time, I am not seeing anything acting incorrectly.

Hi Jim,

Let me explain the issue:

We have a category forum section called "Testing Area" and we have like 7 forums type discussion type under that parent "Testing Area".

Now a member in Fluid view and even if he/she sleeted these forums, if someone post a link for the only parent forum "Testing Area" and click on the link, he will get "There are no topics in this forum yet" and his/her selected forums in these forums will be unselected, everything will be unselected as it reset all the selected forums the members have.

I hope I explain it in clear matter.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, abobader said:

Hi Jim,

Let me explain the issue:

We have a category forum section called "Testing Area" and we have like 7 forums type discussion type under that parent "Testing Area".

Now a member in Fluid view and even if he/she sleeted these forums, if someone post a link for the only parent forum "Testing Area" and click on the link, he will get "There are no topics in this forum yet" and his/her selected forums in these forums will be unselected, everything will be unselected as it reset all the selected forums the members have.

I hope I explain it in clear matter.

Thanks.

This would be exactly what has been tested but I am unable to experience. If this is happening in a topic, I would ask for the topic URL so we can test this as they are experiencing it. 

Hi Jim,

Please when you login, chose Fluid forum view, then select all the sub-forums under "Testing Area" as well for forum "Test forum"

Then go to this thread:

https://testipb.emby.tv/community/index.php?/topic/102385-this-for-abo-test-link-to-beta-testing-forum/

When you click on the link in that thread, you will see the msg as "There are no topics in this forum yet" and all your selected forums in Fluid option will be reset (none forums selected).

Thanks.