What to use for email?

What to use for email?

• SiteGround, my hosting account, offers something called Webmail.
  • Envision Community has a lot to consider under System-Email Settings.
  • Do I need both of these. Or if there is only one that I need which one is my best advantage?

Some of my friends will use my email, friend@ome2000.com, as they would currently use a Gmail account. friend@gmail.com. I would receive emails from users of my forum addressed to me as support@ome2000.com. I also would use me@home2000.com the same way I would use Gmail.

So based on this maybe you could help me decide which is the best way to go.

I also might want m emails to go to m Gmail account, chrome, possibly. As I understand it the SiteGround-Webmail might have similar functions as Gmail?

Bob

Edited by Bob Snow

The email settings in ACP -> System -> Email Settings would be how you want the software to send out email which originates from the software (email validations, registration confirmations, password resets, notifications, etc...). You would need to designate one of these option or the software would be unable to send out these emails.

This is different than what you are referring to here which would be email services that your hosting provider is offering which would create email addresses on your domain and allow you to send your own emails. (e.g. example@yourdomain.com)

To setup email in our software, you would need to choose PHP, SMTP, or SendGrid API. The first two PHP and SMTP may be available from your hosting provider and allow you to send out email over the same domain with no or little setup. However, you can also use more advance email services that allow for SMTP connections. Then also use SendGrid through the innate API we offer.