!! UPGRADE LOGIN FAILS !!

AL B

1 hour ago, AL B said:

I've been a paying customer for over 15 years but I'm not eligible or support.

A little confused as to what you mean here. This is support 🙂 We just moved it

1 hour ago, AL B said:

I can login to https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea to see my purchases but my board is now offline as the login during upgrade fails with correct email and password?!?

You should be logging into that area with your admin username and password for your site, not the login and password for your client area

Hi @AL B,

To elaborate on Marc's post above, the same level of support is still available, it is just how you obtain it that has changed slightly (especially during the 15 years you have been a valued client). The Help & Support forum is your go to place for any help you need relating to our product suite and is staffed by our Team, but also opens up our community to assisting you as well if we don't get there first. We have the ability to transfer your topic to a ticket for issues that may require escalation.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this exact same issue as the above poster. I am practicing with a test upgrade on my staging server and I cannot get the login to work on the upgrade page. I can put the following in my constants which gets me past it, but it's not ideal. Any idea why my normal login and pass would not be working?

define( 'BYPASS_UPGRADER_LOGIN', TRUE );
Edited by SJ77

To confirm, you're using your community's administrator login? Were you able to login prior to attempting the upgrade? If your browser is inserting any credentials, I'd advise on deleting these and manually typing. Often this is a culprit of the browser inserting incorrect credentials. 

38 minutes ago, Jim M said:

To confirm, you're using your community's administrator login? Were you able to login prior to attempting the upgrade? If your browser is inserting any credentials, I'd advise on deleting these and manually typing. Often this is a culprit of the browser inserting incorrect credentials. 

This morning I tried to login again and now I see this

The upgrader uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You'll want to contact your host to ensure that you have PHP sessions setup correctly. Checking the session save path to ensure it exists and is valid is a good first step.

Hi

strangely I've changed nothing in my php.ini file.

I checked my session.save_path and it's set up the same on my production server.

All I've done is load the webfiles and database, such that I could practice the upgrade. Same exercise worked fine earlier in the week.

something strange going on.

Just to close the loop on this in case it helps anyone in the future.
I had restored my test site to an older backup that had a different admin login than what I am using now.
Once I recalled the login I had saved in the backup it worked fine.

Silly mistake but I forgot that I had changed my password since this backup was made.

Thank you

Edited by SJ77