Need the numbers for my URL

Are you hosted by Invision?  If so, you won’t be given IP addresses (numbers).  You’ll either point your DNS to them or setup a CNAME value in your DNS. 

There is a form in the client area where you can give them your domain name and it will create a ticket for you.  A staff member will reply to let you know what DNS change you need to make if your hosted by IPS. 

If you’re self hosted, your IP address would be provided by your hosting company. 

16 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

>>Are you hosted by Invision?  If so, you won’t be given IP addresses (numbers).  You’ll either point your DNS to them or setup a CNAME value in your DNS. <<

I'm hosted by Invision Communiuty and using a product called Directory-Opus instead of Microsoft-Edge for my FTP. I tried using my domain name with no luck until I used the URL presented as numbers, for a different website. This worked fine. I'm including an image that I'm filling out to complete this task.

I'm using a product called Directory-Opus instead of Microsoft Edge for my FTP. I tried using my domain name with no luck until I used the URL presented as numbers, for a different website. I'm including an image I'm filling out to complete this task.
Bob
Could contain: Page, Text, File

The numbers are known as an IP address.

If you want to know the IP address of your site, start by (if you are using Windows) opening a command prompt and typing nslookup, then press return.

Then type your domain name (exclude the Https://) and press return...there is the IP address that might be your site.

If the above doesn't help, ask your host.

If your host is Invision - stop trying to find out, as you don't have FTP access to your hosting.

All the above was an excellent but disappointing help. Not to your fault but rather my limited understanding of what I was doing. I have to rethink what I'm doing. I planned to use messages, and topics, as a base for information. I did some testing about ten years ago, and it seems I was on the right track. I know this probably sounds confusing, but at the time, it seemed to me a very logical support base for what I would do. 

I planned to use Invasion Community as if it was the same as Microsoft-Onenote. Basically, using links, the same way links are used within Onenote as a very defined navigation system. 

My system is dependent on some type of menu system that fits into my custom approach to sales and marketing information.

I'm including an image of what was to be the front end of my system. It is 12 years old and many changes are being made.
Bob

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Cafeteria, Restaurant, Indoors, Chair, Furniture

9 hours ago, Bob Snow said:

All the above was an excellent but disappointing help. Not to your fault but rather my limited understanding of what I was doing. I have to rethink what I'm doing. I planned to use messages, and topics, as a base for information. I did some testing about ten years ago, and it seems I was on the right track. I know this probably sounds confusing, but at the time, it seemed to me a very logical support base for what I would do. 

I planned to use Invasion Community as if it was the same as Microsoft-Onenote. Basically, using links, the same way links are used within Onenote as a very defined navigation system. 

My system is dependent on some type of menu system that fits into my custom approach to sales and marketing information.

I'm including an image of what was to be the front end of my system. It is 12 years old and many changes are being made.
Bob

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Cafeteria, Restaurant, Indoors, Chair, Furniture

Nothing here would require FTP access. You can create HTML/CSS based layouts via our Pages application 🙂 .