Is there anyway to see send email history when using AWS SES with Invision?

18 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Unless you’ve setup SNS notifications and something to process them (like SESdashboard.com), there is not logs of delivery, opening, and clicking of emails by default. 

Thanks, I don't have that. I don't need to read emails per se.

I was hoping there was at least a send log showing the recipient and time of smtp execution.

Maybe even perhaps on my server with exim logs or something.

2 hours ago, SJ77 said:

Thanks, I don't have that. I don't need to read emails per se.

I was hoping there was at least a send log showing the recipient and time of smtp execution.

Maybe even perhaps on my server with exim logs or something.

If it was sent via SES, it never went out via Exim.  It would have connected via SMTP to SES to send, which would never trigger Exim.  

By default, unless you enable some sort of logging, there would not be anything available from AWS.  I personally use SNS topics to track delivery of emails.  I pipe them to SESDashboard track success/fail, spam complaints, opens, clicks, etc.  It allows me to do exactly what you're trying to do...  prove what happened.  For example, in this case, I can see not only was the message successfully sent, but it was received by the destination mail server AND that the recipient opened the message...  then actually clicked a link inside of that message.  

Could contain: Page, TextClicking on the event log would show more detailed info about the event itself.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

On 1/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, SJ77 said:

Have a client who would have been sent an email but he claims it wasn't sent. I want to verify the claim.

Anyway to look this up?

Wouldn't it show up in Email error logs if you have it enabled?  But now, I have my own question... @AlexWebsites have u seen SMTP timeout errors in past from IPS before u switched to API? Can you please share your experience. I am using Amazon SES as well. 

Could contain: Chart

Edited by AlexJ

12 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Yes but if it's not error'd - then wouldn't he get it? Thanks

Yes he would. But he says he didn't get it. I am looking for a way to show "My records indicate that you indeed did get this email on X date at X time" or at the least prove that it was sent.

Edited by SJ77

1 hour ago, SJ77 said:

Yes he would. But he says he didn't get it. I am looking for a way to show "My records indicate that you indeed did get this email on X date at X time" or at the least prove that it was sent.

How do you send email? If through Postfix - you can check in postfix logs. I am not familiar with Exim.. but if you use it, you can probably do same? 

I stopped using mail server on same machine because of DDoS issue as it exposes IP because of SPF records. 

19 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Wouldn't it show up in Email error logs if you have it enabled?  But now, I have my own question... @AlexWebsites have u seen SMTP timeout errors in past from IPS before u switched to API? Can you please share your experience. I am using Amazon SES as well. 

Could contain: Chart

I don't recall any. My main issue was the delay caused when replying to topics:

Then I had a topic going here: