Login Errors

sadams101

Lately in my logs I am seeing what look like 2 types of login errors, any ideas what could cause these?

1) No URL associated but from a Guest: forum_sync_disabled

BACKTRACE:

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\cms\_Records->get__forum_forum()
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(1681): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('_forum_forum')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(2672): IPS\cms\_Records->__get('_forum_forum')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(8545): IPS\cms\_Records->onPublish(NULL)
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/tasks/publish.php(55): IPS\Content\_Item->publish()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\tasks\_publish->execute()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(237): IPS\_Task->run()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(58): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#8 {main}

2) A long login URL is associated with these from a guest:

Array
(
    [error] => Array
        (
            [message] => Invalid code verifier. Code verifier should be a cryptographically random string using the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and the punctuation characters -._~ (hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde), between 43 and 128 characters long.
            [type] => OAuthException
            [code] => 1
            [fbtrace_id] => AD0sHVp3222tk3_te5CUwk
        )

)

BACKTRACE:

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(607): IPS\_Log::log('Array\n(\n    [er...', 'oauth')
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(389): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_exchangeAuthorizationCodeForAccessToken('AQCmeodddugdCmR...')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(170): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_handleAuthorizationResponse(Object(IPS\Login))
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Login.php(339): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/login.php(59): IPS\_Login->authenticate()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_login->manage()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

35 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

1) No URL associated but from a Guest: forum_sync_disabled

BACKTRACE:

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\cms\_Records->get__forum_forum()
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(1681): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('_forum_forum')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(2672): IPS\cms\_Records->__get('_forum_forum')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(8545): IPS\cms\_Records->onPublish(NULL)
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/tasks/publish.php(55): IPS\Content\_Item->publish()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\tasks\_publish->execute()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(237): IPS\_Task->run()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(58): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#8 {main}

This is being generated from a background task it seems for moving Database records over to a forum. Do you have any that do that encountering an issue? Are you running tasks by traffic? If so, there is an error we need to investigate.

37 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

2) A long login URL is associated with these from a guest:

Array
(
    [error] => Array
        (
            [message] => Invalid code verifier. Code verifier should be a cryptographically random string using the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and the punctuation characters -._~ (hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde), between 43 and 128 characters long.
            [type] => OAuthException
            [code] => 1
            [fbtrace_id] => AD0sHVp3222tk3_te5CUwk
        )

)

BACKTRACE:

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(607): IPS\_Log::log('Array\n(\n    [er...', 'oauth')
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(389): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_exchangeAuthorizationCodeForAccessToken('AQCmeodddugdCmR...')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(170): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_handleAuthorizationResponse(Object(IPS\Login))
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Login/Login.php(339): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/login.php(59): IPS\_Login->authenticate()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_login->manage()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Are you OAuth handlers, aka social media logins or anything other custom ones, have any issues with you or any other users logging in ?

I run the tasks via the cron job. Would archiving posts older than X months cause this?

As far as the OAuth handlers go, I have had reports of some people seeing errors when they try to log in sometimes, but when I look at the new accounts being created it seems like the system is working. I will admit that I don't test this myself very often, and haven't tested each type of account creation or login in a while.

9 hours ago, sadams101 said:

I run the tasks via the cron job. Would archiving posts older than X months cause this?

It wouldnt. This is database records from a pages database syncing with a forum record. Have you seen any issues in those areas?

9 hours ago, sadams101 said:

As far as the OAuth handlers go, I have had reports of some people seeing errors when they try to log in sometimes, but when I look at the new accounts being created it seems like the system is working. I will admit that I don't test this myself very often, and haven't tested each type of account creation or login in a while.

Which login method is being used when this is happening?

The only issues I've seen regarding the Pages database errors are the handful of errors I've seen in the logs during the past week, which is ~2-3 per day, otherwise I've not noticed anything unusual.

Unfortunately I can't be sure which login is throwing the OAuth errors, as it does not seem to be recorded in the database errors, however, the only complaint I received recently was regarding Facebook, and they person said:

• "Attempted to sign up via facebook. I Agreed to terms, then received a something went wrong message."

When I looked, even thought they saw this error, their account was created normally.

Also, I wish your logs recorded the IP address that is associated with the error. That way I could determine if it were, for example, hacking activity from the usual countries that are associated with that, or if they are the result of a single person who may have their browser security too high, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to the latest version, I still see daily errors like this:

Invalid code verifier. Code verifier should be a cryptographically random string using the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and the punctuation characters

When I searched the error I found this page:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70776070/react-native-expo-cli-facebook-authentication-unable-to-exchange-response-type

To me it seems to be an issue with my Facebook login, but not all cases because I've tested it, but notice the solution posted in that thread. Is it possible that this is a programming issue on your side?

7 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

After upgrading to the latest version, I still see daily errors like this:

When I searched the error I found this page:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70776070/react-native-expo-cli-facebook-authentication-unable-to-exchange-response-type

To me it seems to be an issue with my Facebook login, but not all cases because I've tested it, but notice the solution posted in that thread. Is it possible that this is a programming issue on your side?

Have you updated all your theme templates to be compatible with the latest release? Do you have any third party add-ons related to this?

Do you have any user complaints of not being able to register or login?

11 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

Would you happen to know which templates I should check?

Unfortunately, customization support is outside our scope of support. I would advise going through all modified templates on each upgrade and in this particular case, any that deal with login and registration.