Jump to content

Archived posts still appear in search


EarthDog

Recommended Posts

Hi I have enabled archiving:

Could contain: Page, Text, Pc, Electronics, Computer, Computer Hardware, Hardware

and i just pressed SAVE.

But i don't see any difference in search operation. I still get the results from the archived posts. Do i have to do anything else to actually archive my posts? The only thing i have done is to enable the archive:

Could contain: Lighting, Outdoors, Nature, Lamp, Light, Night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

The content isn’t archived immediately after changing the settings, instead there’s a background tasks which will iterate over your content meeting the criteria for archiving and archive it  

I see. Can i trigger this job myself? I don't see any background process active in Dashboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

I have refreshed the credentials in Client Area.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Guy said:

Is there a way for members to actually search archived posts to reference old conversations and such? Is there a good solution for that?

Sorry, the purpose of archiving topics is to remove them from frequently used functions, like the search, which slow them down. The only way to access these topics would be through the forum list or direct URL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, Daniel F said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

I think that my status hasn't changed., The search results bring my archived posts. Did you have time to take a look at it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EarthDog said:

I think that my status hasn't changed., The search results bring my archived posts. Did you have time to take a look at it?

Hi,

the task is working and it's archiving topics in the background.

Do you have any post example which shouldn't appear? It's fine to just reply with the ID instead of the link to the post if you don#t want to share the URL in public.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Hi,

the task is working and it's archiving topics in the background.

Do you have any post example which shouldn't appear? It's fine to just reply with the ID instead of the link to the post if you don#t want to share the URL in public.

It is easy to check.

Search for the term "blanket". Every post that will come up shouldn't come up because it is part of the archive.

First IDs that come up: 2134, 2132 , 2012 e.t.c

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Just looking at the first one there, that topic is not yet archived. As my colleague pointed out there, its archiving in the background, so you will not see everything archive instantly. It will happen very gradually over time

The topics that are archived actually say archived on them when viewed

Is it normal that 2 weeks now the process hasn't been completed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

I took another look at your community and while the task is called, it's not really processing anything.

I have created a ticket so that we can look at this further.

Yeap that seems to be the case.. I double checked that the cron job is running and the tasks are indeed running from within the admin panel and got the same feeling as you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...