Keys not showing

Giray

It must be me... but...

Have tried inserting two keys into a pages text block, one from an app on the marketplace which comes with the ability to insert a {key}, the other from advertisements and neither seems to be working. I tried putting into a block: {advertisement="thisismyadname"} and all that appears is the text {advertisement="thisismyadname"}, it does not call up the ad which I have configured properly to show in custom places using the key, e.g. "thisismyadname".

Thoughts where I should start looking for my error?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, Giray said:

pages text block

What type of block?

If Editor then what you see is what you get - you typed in the content that is going to be displayed (same for using the WYSIWYG editor block in the front-end too)

If Manual HTML then you're on the right track to use the key, as it allows template logic (which is what the {advertisement=....} is) in the content.

If Manual PHP then you won't have been able to save the block as {advertisement=....} isn't PHP.

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Nathan Explosion

30 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

What type of block?

If Editor then what you see is what you get - you typed in the content that is going to be displayed (same for using the WYSIWYG editor block in the front-end too)

If Manual HTML then you're on the right track to use the key, as it allows template logic (which is what the {advertisement=....} is) in the content.

If Manual PHP then you won't have been able to save the block as {advertisement=....} isn't PHP.

Could contain: Page, Text

Thanks! Tried but no luck 😞 I really do seem to have some kind of issue showing any template using {}. I've tried, just to see that I wasn't crazy, both with brackets and without; no luck. I'll keep debugging to see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again for your help and Merry Christmas!!

9 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Do you have an example we can take a look at on your site?

Not sure what timezone you are in, but if you're like me, in EST, what the hell are we both doing up and working during the holidays? 🤔

Thanks for the offer to help. If you go to any page on Ham Community and scroll down to the bottom, you will see an instance of Advanced Footer. You'll see the code {slidermaker="1"}. Note that the slider does work as you can see in the top third of the homepage (https://hamcommunity.com). Note also that I have tried elsewhere on the site and that I have also tried with Pages blocks. I'll add another one in shortly to show you but in the meantime, you can see the slider maker one. Have attached an image for you to recognize it more easily.

Could contain: Text, Page, Blackboard

On 12/29/2022 at 10:18 AM, Giray said:

Not sure what timezone you are in, but if you're like me, in EST, what the hell are we both doing up and working during the holidays?

I'm in the UK 😄 Thank you for your concern, but not that insane as of yet (dont ask anyone else, or they will refute that claim)