Members allowed to edit other member posts

I was wondering if someone could help me. Is there a way to allow members to edit other member posts? Or maybe there is another way for what I'm trying to do. I want to put an excel sheet in or table into a posts where members can go into the posts and update information even if they did not originally create the post. 

You would need to add your Member group as a RESTRICTED moderator.  

ACP > Members > Staff 

Add the members group.  Change them to RESTRICTED moderators immediately and save.  

Go back and remove permissions from all categories except the forums tab.  Once on the forums tab, you uncheck all options except "Can edit topics/questions".  You can also choose to restrict it further to allow editing only in a specific forum.  

I would highly recommend testing the permissions after you make the change with a dummy member account to make sure you did not intentionally give too many permissions away.  

Also...  this might be a spot where you consider using the Pages application...  you can enable Wiki style editing to allow others permission to edit content there as well.  

3 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

You would need to add your Member group as a RESTRICTED moderator.  

ACP > Members > Staff 

Add the members group.  Change them to RESTRICTED moderators immediately and save.  

Go back and remove permissions from all categories except the forums tab.  Once on the forums tab, you uncheck all options except "Can edit topics/questions".  You can also choose to restrict it further to allow editing only in a specific forum.  

I would highly recommend testing the permissions after you make the change with a dummy member account to make sure you did not intentionally give too many permissions away.  

Also...  this might be a spot where you consider using the Pages application...  you can enable Wiki style editing to allow others permission to edit content there as well.  

Thank you so much, I will check try this out and see how it goes.