Forcing Styling of Forums Links

Go to solution Solved by The Britain,

Spammers appear to have picked up a new trick by undoing hyperlink formatting in their posts making it harder for people to report those spam posts. The links look like normal inline text. Is there a way to prevent users from changing the default <a> formatting on the forums so they can't mask hyperlinks?

• 1 year later...

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Astronomy, Moon, Lighting, TextCould contain: Text, Electronics, Hardware, Computer Hardware

On 11/4/2022 at 4:58 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

I would need more information as to what exactly they are changing. Also, does the group have the "can post html" setting switched on? If so, that should be switched off

Apologies for the delay here.

Posting HTML is off as far as we can tell for any non-admin group.

Is there a way to force the formatting of any link? We just need to be able to spot it easier. I figure it's something I likely need to edit in the template? They will also format it to look like the inline text of the post. Any pointers or tips are appreciated. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Edited by The Britain

• Solution

For anyone else that runs into this, I dropped this at the bottom of my custom.css to force a style on links in comments/posts. Currently, when they edit the format IPB uses <span> to do inline styling. This should override it. Not responsible for any issues this causes:

.cPost .ipsComment_content .ipsType_richText a span {
  color:yourcolorhere !important;
}
.cPost .ipsComment_content .ipsType_richText a {
  text-decoration:underline !important;
}

Edited by The Britain