Quote iframe keeps on jumping

Nigel Moore

It’s definitely connected to the truncation of the description. It dynamically breaks down the description into 3 separate <span> tag and then there are potential problems with lines not fitting and content being moved around after a text reflow in an endless loop. Just looking at these examples in combination makes it clear that the line-lengths aren’t correct. 

Could contain: Text

Edited by opentype

On 10/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you tested on a default unaltered theme? I know you said you dont believe there to be code in that area, but many things could affect that such as CSS outside of that area. Please check this first of all

There was no CSS altered for the iframe quote, the iframe it self has an auto instyle width and height that cause the scroll to jump.

9 hours ago, opentype said:

Looking at the two examples, I would guess it’s a problem with the IPS text truncation JavaScript. There is an unexpected text reflow, causing the scrolling bars to appear, which is causing another text reflow, causing the scrolling bars to change … and so on and so forth. 

It was reported in laptop surface book

-Allan

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Any of you have a link I can take a look at?

Here you can take a look at it https://www.loom.com/share/5a27e00c9c2344be947d04a6ec600846

The link I used is from opentype

15 hours ago, opentype said:

You can check my link but it is not a public you need to log-in, however to replicate it, just change the browser zoom 

-Allan