"Something went wrong, please try again" when users log on to my forum after updating IPB

vinnygufc
Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

I'm just after updating my forum to the latest version of IPB.

Now when I login, or any of my users, they're greeted with the message "Something went wrong, please try again" and my forums are not viewable to them.

I have attached my system logs.

I have also attached the error log for when I log onto the forum.

This has never happened before, and it only occurred directly after I updated to the latest version of IPB.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Could contain: Text, Page, Menu, Document, Word

Could contain: Text, Page, Document

Edited by vinnygufc

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

When you updated to the most recent version, do you mean the latest 4.7.3 (in beta) or 4.7.2?  If 4.7.3... do you have the following plugin installed:

The above 1.0.0 release of the plugin is not compatible with 4.7.3.  Adrian has a new version I believe pending in the marketplace.   Disable the plugin for now to get the site back online.

Edited by Randy Calvert

Hi Randy,

I've logged into ACP there and it says v4.73.

However I do not actively go out to install BETA versions of IPB.

This came up when I was on my home page, it often prompts you as an admin to update to the latest version.

I generally do so without hesitation, as more often than not when I manage to read the fine print it's for security reasons.

I would've assumed that if you're prompted to upgrade your version of IPB it would not have been BETA versions.

5 minutes ago, vinnygufc said:

Hi Randy,

I've logged into ACP there and it says v4.73.

However I do not actively go out to install BETA versions of IPB.

This came up when I was on my home page, it often prompts you as an admin to update to the latest version.

I generally do so without hesitation, as more often than not when I manage to read the fine print it's for security reasons.

I would've assumed that if you're prompted to upgrade your version of IPB it would not have been BETA versions.

Sorry...  4.7.3 looks like it was just released this morning.  🙂 

That was my bad!! But yes...  if you're using the birthday widget, remove the plugin from the ACP for now.  It's making a call to the birthday function within Calendar.  

(Just disabling it seemed to have the error occur on every 50 or so page loads for some reason.)  The new version works great... I actually had the plugin developed for my site, so I've been helping with the new reworked version.  😄 

Edited by Randy Calvert

12 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

The ACP credentials are correct, but the FTP details aren't.

Sorry for the confusion.

Please check the information again.

I have copied and pasted the details I got off the host a few years ago for FTP to the bottom notes.

Please let me know if it's still not working and I will follow it up with the Host supplier immediately. Thank you for your help @Daniel F

13 hours ago, gaby said:

This is happening to me too (pctg).

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you.