Server question

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I have the following server warning in my admin notifications.  I'm wondering if someone could suggest a good server option that does not cost an arm and a leg.  We are just 3 elderly women who create things for the Sims games and we do not charge anything for these items nor do we charge people to use our site.  We currently use goDaddy which has closed us down a few times for out database being too large.  I have to go in and clear the logs by hand as Invision no longer gives my that option in the admin section.  We also used to be able to clean up files that were no longer linked to anything in the database.  I sure miss that option.  I've been working to reduce the size by removing images posted in the download section by placing the images on postimage then putting the link in the description and I'm moving our files to a file server.  

Screenshot-2022-07-25-124825.jpg

Would anyone please be so kind to give me some suggestions as to what I might do?  Thanks so much for taking the time to read my message.

Edited by rebecah

• Solution

Im not sure if you are asking about the server requirements, or asking about the space there. If you are asking about the server requirements, you should go to Support in the top right of your admin CP and you will see the recommendations that you dont currently have shown on that page.

With regard space, you really shouldnt be manually removing anything from the database. If you are hitting limits on your server environment, you really should look into updating that to something with more space. 

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear on my question.  As you can see in the first portion of my image it says my server is not up to snuff.  Then I go on to explain some of the issues I've been having besides the need to find a new web hosting service.  I don't know what is causing the issue that could cause me to not be able to upgrade future Invision upgrades.

It is the size of the database that is the problem we have unlimited space the main reason for moving the files is to remove lines within our database.  

I do know it may not be safe to to go into the database for most people but database programming was my job for many years so I have a good understanding of them.  When I first started using Invision I asked for a map of the database structure and no one seemed to know what that was.  

Thanks ever so much for responding to my message and telling me it was basically confusing.  I hope I've cleared that up at least somewhat.  

Thanks I did do that and found a suggestion that I am going to work on.  I have MyISAM and it suggests I go to innoID.  Someone sent me a private message and told me about turning on the file cache a couple of other options and that really helped a lot.  I no longer have that warning about our server not being up to snuff so to speak. 

Thanks ever so much for your help and for taking your time to do so.