Customize The Download Category Error Message

On my page I would like that when a guest clicks on a category in the download section that a customized message appears. At the moment it's this one here :

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Were can I change that message ?

Well, there is the category setting:

Could contain: Text

You might need to revise your permission settings though. There is a difference between viewing categories/file records and downloading the files. If you prevent users from seeing anything, then that’s exactly what will happen. Users might not see specific error messages, if they are not allowed in a specific section to begin with. That’s intentional. 

Edited by opentype

5 minutes ago, opentype said:

Well, there is the category setting:

Could contain: Text

You might need to revise your permission settings though. There is a difference between viewing categories/file records and downloading the files. If you prevent users from seeing anything, then that’s exactly what will happen. Users might not see specific error messages, if they are not allowed in a specific section to begin with. That’s intentional. 

Yes that works for the single download posts but not if somebody clicks direct on the category where you find those posts.

5 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

Yes that works for the single download posts but not if somebody clicks direct on the category where you find those posts.

Yeah, like I said: if you prevent (listing) access, you prevent (listing) access. Users will not even get to the custom error messages. I do not think there is a way around this. As I said: you could consider letting people see the file list and then hit the custom error messages later. 

3 hours ago, opentype said:

Yeah, like I said: if you prevent (listing) access, you prevent (listing) access. Users will not even get to the custom error messages. I do not think there is a way around this. As I said: you could consider letting people see the file list and then hit the custom error messages later. 

I had that before - the problem is that a guest now started to create like 10 invoices per day just by clicking on the " buy " button. And I don't want to go to delete these invoices daily. So I want that guests can see the content of the category but can not click on the added files....