How to remove "noindex" from search?

robots.txt is not controlling the code above.  It simply generates yourdomain.com/robots.txt

If you want to control the robots.txt directives....

ACP > System > Site Promotion > Search Engine Optimization

Click on Crawl Management and you can create your own robots.txt instead of using the one generated by IPS automatically.  

If you're trying to edit your raw HTML code on the page...  

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes.  

All HTML related related to IPB is found there.  You would just need to find specifically where that section of code is called from based on what page is generating it and edit it.  Given that it's a meta tag, I might begin by looking in the IncludeMeta spot, but it could be coming from somewhere else.  

This sort of change is not directly supported by IPS, so they're going to tell you this is outside of what they can provide support for.  

12 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you're trying to edit your raw HTML code on the page...  

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes.  

All HTML related related to IPB is found there.  You would just need to find specifically where that section of code is called from based on what page is generating it and edit it.  Given that it's a meta tag, I might begin by looking in the IncludeMeta spot, but it could be coming from somewhere else.  

🙂 

46 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Yeah, that meta tag is set directly from the PHP backend:

\IPS\Output::i()->metaTags['robots'] = 'noindex'; // Tell search engines not to index search pages

It's easy enough making a plugin to remove it from specific pages though.

What directory can I edit this file?

20 hours ago, teraßyte said:

There's a single instance of it on line 71 in \applications\core\modules\front\search\search.php.

You can't just comment out the line though, otherwise you'll remove the meta tag for ALL search pages, not just /tags/.

Thanks for observation.