cURL REQUEST System Log Errors

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

I was testing a third-party app and the developer requested I place the following in my constants.php file to help debug an issue. 

<?php
\define('DEBUG_LOG','TRUE');

Upon doing so I noticed a bunch of system log entries pop up. Please note the app is not currently installed and I disabled all installed apps and plugins to eliminate their being the root cause of error messages.  Upon seeing the error messages continue I reenabled the apps again. I copied the constants.php file to the other three sites and they are all exhibiting similar types of errors. Ater reading through some of the error logs I am seeing a variety of different issues being noted.  Heres' one example:

System Logs

------------------------------------
cURL REQUEST: https://invisioncommunity.com/api/marketplace/categories?ips_version=106167

User-Agent: Invision Community 4
Authorization: Bearer <removed>

NULL

RESPONSE

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 4433
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:07:27 GMT
Set-Cookie: <removed>
Server: Apache
Expires: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:07:27 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=86400, public
Pragma: public
X-IPS-LoggedIn: 0
X-XSS-Protection: 0
X-Frame-Options: sameorigin
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
X-Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
Referrer-Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
Last-Modified: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:07:27 GMT
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
X-Cache: Hit from cloudfront
Via: 1.1 538a08eba98551a196e344df4d0dda06.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
X-Amz-Cf-Pop: LAX50-C1
X-Amz-Cf-Id: QOZ9aKdGDCteRhTgm_kTPcWUICxfEcXUnnHPX2v8eh54uZsvaitMsw==

{
    "page": 1,
    "perPage": 25,
    "totalResults": 15,
    "totalPages": 1,
    "results": [
        {
            "id": 162,
            "name": "Themes",
            "url": "https:\/\/invisioncommunity.com\/files\/category\/162-themes\/",
            "class": "IPS\\downloads\\Category",
            "parentId": 0,
            "resourceType": "themes"

BACKTRACE
#0 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Log/Log.php(180): IPS\_Log::log('\n\n-------------...', 'request')
#1 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(392): IPS\_Log::debug('\n\n-------------...', 'request')
#2 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(422): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#3 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(298): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('GET', NULL)
#4 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(668): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#5 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(58): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->_api('marketplace/cat...', NULL, false, NULL, 1)
#6 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/applications/core/Application.php(84): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->hierarchicalCategoryTree()
#7 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(357): IPS\core\_Application->acpMenu()
#8 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(68): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->buildMenu()
#9 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#10 /home/m9s5jg1k9m00/public_html/domains/<removed>/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#11 {main}

Not sure if these are benign errors or something to be concerned about. But after seeing three pages worth of them in the span of a half hours it appears they are not one-time errors.

Edited by Stuart Silvester
removed sensitive information

• Solution

These are not errors, DEBUG_LOG will log lots of things for development purposes, including every single HTTP request the community makes (which is what this is).

You really must be careful about posting these types of logs, especially when it includes access tokens for remote services. I had edited your post to remove the sensitive information.