Upgrade to cloud button prevents the global search from working on mobile devices

Hello,

The upgrade to the cloud button recently added on ACP prevents the global search from working on mobile devices, even using desktop mode browsing.

Before, I could see the search box and use the global search to find a user, a forum, anything. Now that search field is gone, and when the search icon is clicked, it won't work 😞

I believe it's before now the Upgrade to Cloud is using up the upper navigation area and is preventing the search field from appearing. However, the search icon will not work either.

Thanks

image.png.3e14936036b1327770a006ad2309b52c.png

Edited by OptimusBain

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I am unable to replicate this. In fact the "upgrade to cloud" actually doesnt show in the mobile viewport. Could I just check you are running the latest release with all patches?

I am running the latest version. I refreshed everything, cache, etc. It doesn't work. I can see the Upgrade to cloud, and the global search doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Looks like you have a few more icons there than what are on a default installation. If you are running any third party applications/plugins, please disable those.

Thanks a lot. The thing is that I want those icons, I paid for those plugins. Why do I have to have the "upgrade to cloud" if I know I am not going to upgrade it? How can I disable it? It's taken up space that I need 😞 I don't need the cloud message. 

8 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Thanks a lot. The thing is that I want those icons, I paid for those plugins. Why do I have to have the "upgrade to cloud" if I know I am not going to upgrade it? How can I disable it? It's taken up space that I need 😞 I don't need the cloud message. 

As mentioned by others in this topic, the "Upgrade to Cloud" message should not be present on mobile. Thus, these third party applications/plugins are not operating correctly or are out of date. You would need to contact the author(s) for assistance.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

As mentioned by others in this topic, the "Upgrade to Cloud" message should not be present on mobile. Thus, these third party applications/plugins are not operating correctly or are out of date. You would need to contact the author(s) for assistance.

Thanks a lot, Jim. The applications are up to date, and there are no new releases.

However, your answer does not reply to my question. Why do I have to see the "upgrade to cloud" message and have it take up so much space in the navigation? I know you want to promote your cloud service, that's it's fine. But what about those that do not want it? Like many others, I want to have the possibility of hiding that link. I want to be able to sort of "unsubscribe" to that link; I don't want to be reminded every single time I log in to ACP 😞

Thanks

6 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Why do I have to see the "upgrade to cloud" message and have it take up so much space in the navigation? I know you want to promote your cloud service, that's it's fine. But what about those that do not want it? Like many others, I want to have the possibility of hiding that link. I want to be able to sort of "unsubscribe" to that link; I don't want to be reminded every single time I log in to ACP 😞

On mobile, it is not supposed to be shown but is being shown due to an incompatibility with your third party applications/plugins. I want to drive that point home as that seems to be the root of your complaint 🙂 . Below is what it should look like. You will want to report this to the author of those third party applications/plugins as they are causing the issue on your mobile screen size.

image.png