Can Invision Community withdrawals still be made with Paypal?

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I have tagged this topic for our developers to take a look at and advise. In the meantime, if you could copy the exact text or link where you were told this, it may help us determine if there is an issue there

It was a phone conversation since I haven't been able to enable payout access in a business account. I will ask for it in writing and get back to you.

Is there another way to payout members of my community for their sales?

For example, downloads or subscriptions they sell?

On 4/12/2022 at 12:19 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

I have tagged this topic for our developers to take a look at and advise. In the meantime, if you could copy the exact text or link where you were told this, it may help us determine if there is an issue there

Hi Marc, I called again this morning to Paypal customer support and they indicated again that payouts has been disabled from their platform. Maybe they are still working with old users but clearly not with new ones. I asked them to send me that notification in writing and I just got it, please find it enclosed...

image.thumb.png.47c4f6e35aee40fb74eeaf527d0d6159.pngCan we work with stripe for payouts? What is a work around? I cant be mailing checks to members 😞

Would appreciate your advice for a short term work around, as i have enabled crowdfunding and plan to enable subscritpitons as well. 

thank you again

1 minute ago, Randy Calvert said:

I don’t believe IPS is using payouts for payments. Instead it is a normal payment. This would effect IPS here with the Marketplace otherwise. 

In my AdminCP I only see two kinds of withdrawals methods, one offline and the other is paypal, and it says I must have access to payouts, and links to payout configuration in paypal....

image.thumb.png.6a033ffd93c0572f422df7596615c359.png

and this what paypal says....

image.thumb.png.4172c7f2641b82799554e1fbd406e2bd.png

Then you call paypal and they tell you it is a service that they have disabled...

7 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

I don’t believe IPS is using payouts for payments. Instead it is a normal payment. This would effect IPS here with the Marketplace otherwise. 

Maybe IPS is using another payment method for its marketplace? 

I understood the only way to pay members for services sold in my community is through withdrawals

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I'm a little confused here. Paypal seem to indicate there that they are simply having issues with the payout system, and they will notify you once its reactivated

They told me over the phone it was discontinued. I will call again today and ask them to be more specific in writing.

Are withdrawals working for anybody now?

At this time we do use an older MassPay API for Payouts which may not be available for your account (I can't find any concrete information about whether it's limited to older PayPal accounts and not new integrations). I'm not quite sure though because your messages and screenshots don't show exactly which API you were asking for access to.

Updating this area of our integration is something we need to do, but it would still require PayPal giving you access to their Payout functionality.