4.6.11 - Commerce, Bancontact and Apple Pay payments via Stripe not working

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi,

I have configured Commerce for accepting iDeal, Bancontact, Apple Pay and Creditcard payments.

iDeal and Credit Card payments seem to work just fine.

Apple Pay does not show as an option on the customers side, even though it seems to be configured successfully.
image.png.ce862a1d5110fa39f6c555027b81f7d2.png

On the Commerce side It has been configured identically to the iDeal settings.

Bancontact payment work fine from the customers point of view, they are withdrawn from the customers bankaccount, confirmed as a successful payment ON SCREEN to the customer, but there is no email confirmation to the customer or to the invisioncummunity administrator (me).

The customer gets this on screen (sorry it's in Dutch):

image.thumb.png.6ad2e0302259b5d71ea1d7974d4b328f.png

Thanks for your payment. Order #46

In the commerce admin:

image.thumb.png.2fca94df27547645d540462d63ff418a.png

But this transaction fails in the end and the amount is being refunded to the customer a few days later.

Stripe says the transaction was not completed. As I can not configure anything more, I must assume there is something going wrong on the Commerce side.

As I said, identically configured iDeal payments works just fine.

Stripe days:

On this source, the status is already Chargeable which means that payment has been authenticated and verified, funds were already transferred which have landed in the source. Now a charge can be created.

You can use this reference to accept

Bancontact: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/bancontact/accept-a-payment#web-fulfillment
Now you need to charge the source. Another document that you can use to do that is this one: https://stripe.com/docs/sources/bancontact#charge-request

Once a source has been chargeable, meaning funds were already transferred/ payment has been made, you need to charge the source then

In other words: A critical API step is missing in this payment proces. Something that needs to be corrected in the commerce stripe bancontact code.

I have a screenrecording of the customers side of the process where the entire proces seems to be 100% successful.

Edited by Michel_72

I have full transaction logs from Stripe, but I can not publish this publicly.

This is what stripe had to say about it. It was a very lengthy and pain-full conversation where I had to explain multiple times I am just a user and not a developer and needed to know where it goes wrong, so I know which door to knock.

(09:51:18 AM) Charry: I would recommend checking this page for you to have a better picture in accepting Bancontact. In this way, you can also check what steps you've missed
(09:51:18 AM) Charry: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/bancontact/accept-a-payment#web-fulfillment
(09:51:41 AM) Michel Weeren (webmaster@sat4all.com😞 Please try to help me as a customer and not as a developer.
(09:51:52 AM) Michel Weeren (webmaster@sat4all.com😞 I am using a ready made product
(09:52:05 AM) Michel Weeren (webmaster@sat4all.com😞 is the fault on the side of my product or on your side?
(09:52:42 AM) Charry: I am trying my best here Michel and as I can see from the source you gave me since it's already chargeable, next step to do is to charge the source.
(09:52:59 AM) Charry: I know you're looking for a layman's term but that's the step that you have to do
(09:53:08 AM) Charry: No one is at fault here
(09:53:13 AM) Charry: It's just how the process works
(09:55:16 AM) Charry: You can do that via API. You need to check this page so you'll know how to do it: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/bancontact/accept-a-payment#web-fulfillment
(09:56:26 AM) Michel Weeren (webmaster@sat4all.com😞 Ok, but I can not do that via an API as I am not a developer. So after a lengthy conversation, you are saying I need to contact invisioncommunity as their software is not processing Bancontact payment correctly right?
(09:57:24 AM) Charry: Michel, no one is at fault here and it doesn't mean the payment isn't processing correctly. It's just that the process is incomplete which is why it isn't showing on the dashboard yet
(09:57:49 AM) Charry: I'd recommend for you to work with a developer if you're having some challenge in using API

Edited by Michel_72

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

3 minutes ago, Michel_72 said:

I send you another PM and updated all info.

Please update the access details in the Client Area as mentioned. This way they are secure and our other technicians will be able to assist you as Marc's shift has ended.

I have, but since it is not possible to talk to IPS via a ticket I have no other option then to post private information via a PM. That PM is now in Marc Stridgens PM-box.

I have an access-list on my Admin CP. I asked Marc if the Invision IP-adresses are still valid. If so you should be able to access it.

The access details for the admin CP are updated. I asked marc if he also needs sftp since that is a little harder for me to do due to security.

Community support makes it quit hard to communicate private information.

Edited by Michel_72

17 minutes ago, Michel_72 said:

I have, but since it is not possible to talk to IPS via a ticket I have no other option then to post private information via a PM. That PM is now in Marc Stridgens PM-box.

I have an access-list on my Admin CP. I asked Marc if the Invision IP-adresses are still valid. If so you should be able to access it.

The access details for the admin CP are updated. I asked marc if he also needs sftp since that is a little harder for me to do due to security.

Community support makes it quit hard to communicate private information.

You're more than welcome to ask us to send you our IP address here (I have messaged this to you now) and ask if we require FTP/SFTP at this time. (Please start the process of adding SFTP as we investigate your ACP as we will likely need it to further our investigation.)

I am just trying to look out for yourself here as it won't be till tomorrow that Marc is back online again so if you are sending information directly to him, it will not be acted on till then. If you post your questions like I mentioned above, anyone on our team will be able to assist you and help your issue be resolved more efficiently.